PDA

View Full Version : How to make planes fly?

watemple
June 14th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to fly planes because I'd like to do some air chases.

RRSignal
June 14th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to fly planes because I'd like to do some air chases.

IRL? If you were down in the Philly area, I could teach you! :)

But, in Trainz, you can generally build a "track" out of invisible track, then elevate it to the required altitude. You may need to place a leg of track that decends to ground level in order to place train-planes, or temporarily elevate a chunk of ground to do the same.

klambert
June 14th, 2014, 07:13 PM

Are you talking in the context of flying planes in trainz?

watemple
June 14th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Are you talking in the context of flying planes in trainz?

Yes I am. RRsignal, I can already do it in FSX!:)

Zeldaboy14
June 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Or play some FFL3. The Talon is a good flying machine, and a good time traveling machine as well. :hehe:

xcrossi
June 14th, 2014, 08:57 PM
A plane in Trainz is a loco.
Take invisible track raise to some height and place a plane (loco) on it.
Trainz is not a plane simulator...sorry

watemple
June 14th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Or play some FFL3. The Talon is a good flying machine, and a good time traveling machine as well. :hehe:
My boy, I do not even know what this "FFL3" is.

watemple
June 14th, 2014, 09:02 PM
A plane in Trainz is a loco.
Take invisible track raise to some height and place a plane (loco) on it.
Trainz is not a plane simulator...sorry
I realize it isn't FSX, which I have. It is as if I want to see some beauty highballing and want to see it from the air.

xcrossi
June 14th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Well ok then do it....

cascaderailroad
June 14th, 2014, 09:21 PM
I lay track, then elevate it several hundred feet in the air, then watch my Trainz running from airplane cockpit the air ... I have several airports all over my routes, and travel to/from them.

If static rockets laid down on their sides, and you put an attachment bogey on the side of the rocket or missile ... you could make them fly almost straight up from -3000m to + 3000m n nearly vertical invisatrack.

I prefer BNSF50 Invisatrack for planes, cars and trucks

llebrez
June 14th, 2014, 11:05 PM
My problem with the planes, is that they slow down unrealistically when they come down for landing. Anyway around this? Oh! and when they fly, they do it beautifully...

Zeldaboy14
June 14th, 2014, 11:10 PM
My boy, I do not even know what this "FFL3" is.
FFL3 = Final Fantasy Legend III. That's what that stands for.

Scottbe8
June 15th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Remember that in Trainz, altitude is measured in meters. You'll have to do conversions from feet when you apply track heights for the planes. On the plus side, all the aircraft will be RNAV capable :P

jjslll54
June 15th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Hi All,

I've made a couple of planes in the past to be used in Trainz. The best use I have found recently is aerial invisible track is a good way to showcase your route. You can run the aerial track in such a way that everywhere is covered and then use a helicopter to fly the route and see everything. The Ashland Central System route does that and I enjoyed touring the route in a helicopter to see everything they had done. Well done guys.

Jack

watemple
June 15th, 2014, 07:24 AM
I used AJS track eraser to make them move just on the ground.

cascaderailroad
June 15th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Aerial Flyways are best kept below @ 300' as any higher, your Trainz below, look too miniature

xcrossi
June 15th, 2014, 05:54 PM
My problem with the planes, is that they slow down unrealistically when they come down for landing. Anyway around this? Oh! and when they fly, they do it beautifully...
Use invisible speed limit asset some are as high 300kmh.

pdkoester
June 15th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Roys Trainz routes make good use of planes for observing a spectacular view from high above.

llebrez
June 16th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Use invisible speed limit asset some are as high 300kmh.

I do use these. Picture the situation: Once the plane is on the ground, it has to taxi to the terminal, and for this you set the invisible speed limiter to about 40Km/h. Now the plane (Flying) sees the speed limit at bout 1 Km distance, and slows down to near that speed! It is unrealistic...

watemple
June 16th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I do use these. Picture the situation: Once the plane is on the ground, it has to taxi to the terminal, and for this you set the invisible speed limiter to about 40Km/h. Now the plane (Flying) sees the speed limit at bout 1 Km distance, and slows down to near that speed! It is unrealistic...

Yeah. If it is an AI plane, but if you take over, you can go as fast as you want!