PDA

View Full Version : Tale of the vanishing route!!!!

DESDICHATO
April 3rd, 2014, 02:47 AM
Guys,

Yesterday I added a few baseboards and track to the GB Shipley route I'd downloaded, after I'd had enough I closed down but today there is no GB Shipley on the menu, I didn't change the name so in theory it should have still been there, but no.....I've had this happen before and for the life of me I cannot work out what and why this has happened?

Any thoughts???

Thanks

oknotsen
April 3rd, 2014, 02:49 AM
Check your "favourites" flag.
If you have your favourites filter set on yet this route is not flagged as favourite, it will not show up in the list.

nicky9499
April 3rd, 2014, 06:04 AM
Wild guess, but it could also be Open For Edit for some reason.

dnevans8
April 3rd, 2014, 07:52 AM
Is it the original route that is missing and is your modified route still there?

When you saved the modified route did you click on overwrite the route because I have just done this and while my new route is still there the original route was deleted.

The other possibility with routes from earlier versions of Trainz is that in saving the new route an error is introduced because your new route is saved as a later version which uses different tags. Check in CM for errors. Category-era, category-class and thumbnails are frequent culprits.

stagecoach
April 4th, 2014, 02:40 AM
When you saved the modified route did you click on overwrite the route because I have just done this and while my new route is still there the original route was deleted.

The above only applies to a route with your own kuid. A downloaded route if modified will be given your kuid when saved and the original will still be there.

dnevans8
April 4th, 2014, 06:03 AM
The above only applies to a route with your own kuid. A downloaded route if modified will be given your kuid when saved and the original will still be there.

When I said the original route was deleted I mean it WAS deleted. I imported a CDP of the route GB Shipley from an FTP download from the dls. I made a change to the route (added a tree), then saved the route before exiting. In CM and the Route list in game the original route was no longer present only my newly save route.

SO WHAT I SAID WAS TRUE!!!!