PDA

View Full Version : Changeable Platform Displays via Scripts

JackClare1995
April 1st, 2014, 03:31 PM
Hello all,

I am writing on behalf of a friend. He's interested in creating a Platform Information Display, similar to this: (http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MKT-1-550x366.jpg).

He's trying to script it, using triggers. I know there's a way to make the Display change using a script however I can't remember exactly how to do it. If someone has any more information on this, I would massively appreciate the help :)

Regards, Jack

Kennilworth
April 1st, 2014, 04:16 PM
Hi Jack

There is a route on the DLS which I think is called U-Bahn Frankfurt 2012 and not only has scripted platform displays but also has scripted screens inside the trams. It is a very large download being well over 2Gb but I found it quite interesting to run. As you only have 2010 it won't help you but perhaps your friend has 2012? If he has he could perhaps look at the sessions and see how it's been done.

Regards

Brian

JackClare1995
April 2nd, 2014, 05:21 AM
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for the information! I'm afraid none of us have Trainz 2012 though :( looks like we're both going to have to get it if we want this project to work as accurate as possible!

Best regards, Jack