PDA

View Full Version : Trainz Option File

dricketts
February 28th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know if there is a reference available for different commands or settings for the trainz options file?

Thanks,

fran1
February 28th, 2014, 06:49 PM
You don't need many with TS12, these are all I use,
-freeintcam
-showkuids
-allownoctrlrightclick
-framestoaverage=25

-framerate=25
-height=xxxx
-width=xxxx
X being your screens native resolution.

You make a notepad do dah in the user data folder for them.

boc61
February 28th, 2014, 08:11 PM
-framerate=25
-height=xxxx
-width=xxxx

I don't think you need these anymore, I think they are coded into the program.

JohnnyC1
February 28th, 2014, 08:31 PM
and if you have 3.7 installed your Trainz might crash or lock up. There is a thread in the Forums.

John

dricketts
February 28th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I was hoping there was something that would change the text size in the in game menus. I just did a install of TS2010 on a new machine and the text in game is crazy small to me. I've messed with the Windows setting and it didn't change a thing in game. I know it's smaller than what I had on my old machine that had the same screen size. I can't figure out why the menus are so small.

cascaderailroad
February 28th, 2014, 10:28 PM
The way to make text size bigger would be to run Trainz -windowed, either in options, or in the trainzoptions file (instead of -fullscreen), and to decrease the monitor screen size resolution in "options" to smaller than you monitors native resolution (there are usually @ 4 different screen resolutions available in options).

I use a hand held handy dandy magnifying glass, or store bought reading glass's of 2.5 magnification, or greater (1.0 reading glass's are for people with slight vision difficulties, and the monitor is best viewed @ 24' away).

In Surveyor I use a smaller monitor resolution screen size, than my monitors native resolution ... in Driver I use fullscreen

JohnnyC1
February 28th, 2014, 11:36 PM
In the Trainz Start-up menu under "Options - Advanced Options," is the "Vertex Offset" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

John

clam1952
March 1st, 2014, 06:43 AM
May be this?
Same size monitor doesn't always mean the same size native screen resolution.
Depending on Manufacturer and model, they have 19inch monitor's with the following native resolutions.
1280 x 1024, 1366 x 768, 1440 x 900 and 1920 x 1080. Depends on Manufacturer and model.

fran1
March 1st, 2014, 06:48 AM
May be this?
Same size monitor doesn't always mean the same size native screen resolution.
Depending on Manufacturer and model, they have 19inch monitor's with the following native resolutions.
1280 x 1024, 1366 x 768, 1440 x 900 and 1920 x 1080. Depends on Manufacturer and model.

That's why I quoted this in my earlier post.

-height=xxxx
-width=xxxx

jamiechi2
March 1st, 2014, 07:07 AM
-autopilotsignalsistance
-disablerailjointsound

clam1952
March 1st, 2014, 07:13 AM
All listed here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Trainzoptions.txt

dricketts
March 1st, 2014, 08:18 AM
In the Trainz Start-up menu under "Options - Advanced Options," is the "Vertex Offset" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

John

no. It's unchecked.

All listed here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Trainzoptions.txt

Thank you. Why is there an option to add lines to the trainzoptions file for resolution but also on the in game options settings? Which takes precedence?

Enzo1
March 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
no. It's unchecked.

Thank you. Why is there an option to add lines to the trainzoptions file for resolution but also on the in game options settings? Which takes precedence? The one from the game options setting is probably going to be better because its directly from the options and gives you the most accuracy. Also I like to add FOV. FOV allows you to zoom out further than you ever would before, while at the same time giving you an interesting view of things at a closer distance. You can add FOV by doing this: -driverfov=66 (The number value could be any that you want, I would consider not going much more than 75 though.) It takes time to learn it, but once you play with it, and experiment, your shots might be 100% better, plus if you don't like it, its a clean breeze by simply deleting the line from the trainzoptions.txt.