PDA

View Full Version : Who wanted to be on the Pioneer Council, and why; but could not afford it.

wawasoo
January 24th, 2014, 04:20 AM
I bought a seat on that Pioneer Council, but I want to pass it off to somebody who really wants input, you don't have to pay me, It's already paid for. I want somebody with Drive and I was told I could pick you. So who want's to do it?

I want a Resume, as best you can, as how you can help out. I only bought one so I can only pick one...give me your best.

fran1
January 24th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Very generous of you and the best of luck.

Bigolddaddy
January 24th, 2014, 07:11 AM
I, would like to be on the forum, but with my disability pension I can not afford it. Bu I've got some great Ideas for the new game. So please grant me the opportunity to join the forum. And in a private mail I would like to explain my financials.
sincerely yours,

jkuhn
January 24th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I think I may be in the wrong section, looking for freeware announcements........ :hehe:

JCitron
January 24th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Thread dutifully moved to the General Trainz forum.

John

Zeldaboy14
January 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
I would like to be, but what rank is it?

AMTRAKwannabe
January 24th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I'd love it, but what do you mean by resume?

martinvk
January 24th, 2014, 08:07 PM
resumť, aka c.v.

AMTRAKwannabe
January 24th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I know, but does he want a full one or a specific one?

H222
January 24th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Please not Zelda of Amtrak. He said a member with drive and I'd much prefer a well known content creator with a level head and is an expert in trainz, rather than either of these two. Note: this is not meant to be a personal attack, I just definitely don't think either of these two are meant for the pioneer council

Zeldaboy14
January 24th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Oh. I did not know he ment a Content Creator. Well, there goes that opportunity presumable. :(

hert
January 24th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Joined with the original Trainz back in 2001. I am usually very active on the forums and could give input. I have created reskins, sessions and routes. Would be an honor to be in the council.

Thanks for the opportunity,
hert:wave:

meatloaf747
January 24th, 2014, 08:56 PM
May I suggest that you give this to someone that has been around Trainz for years & is mature. (one of the old hands). Someone that knows their way around Trainz's & has already contributed a lot to Trainz. A couple of good examples are someone like Michael (Sirgibby) Murchison 2 or Paul Hobbs (S&C)... Even someone like Philskene or ShaneTurner, etc...

They are all knowledgeable and have contributed a lot to Trainz over the years...

Just some thoughts...

Happy Trainzing...

Cheers, Mac...

Zeldaboy14
January 24th, 2014, 09:04 PM
I have done several reskines, and I know how to build a basic sort of train, if it's easy that is, and I've figured most of Trainz out. Though I'm a newer user among most, I can be of quite help where help is needed, that is, if I know what is going on.

AMTRAKwannabe
January 24th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Please not Zelda of Amtrak. He said a member with drive and I'd much prefer a well known content creator with a level head and is an expert in trainz, rather than either of these two. Note: this is not meant to be a personal attack, I just definitely don't think either of these two are meant for the pioneer council

I'll still try, I've played trainz since UTC (j2jr2jrc, never used the forums though) and have tried to get into content creation, epic fail, but I know enough to help. I've also done the same things as hert and maybe a little more, so I think I would be just as eligible.

SR6900
January 24th, 2014, 09:20 PM
PM sent with details. Long time content creator and user of Trainz since the beginning and experienced steam railroader at TVRM in Chattanooga. Hope to help improve steam content for the sim.

Thomascbc
January 24th, 2014, 11:13 PM
LOL! I find this funny for some reason. The truth of the matter is that the few people who would be most beneficial to the Pioneer Council and have the most meaningful and appropriate influence and input into the creation of T:ANE are not people who would ever feel the need to "prove" themselves or attempt to convince some stranger via a "resume" that they deserve a spot on the council. In fact, and I am sure that I am not alone in thinking this, but I find the whole concept of what you are attempting to do to be more than slightly condescending and arrogant. If you are dead set on trading or giving away your paid for spot on the council then pick someone who you feel best deserves it. Or, use this thread to poll other members here on who they would choose. If you are active here and have been for a while then you know who would contribute the most to the council and why.

Lots_Trains
January 24th, 2014, 11:37 PM
May I suggest Andi06 he was in the Dev of TS2009 and was invaluable in what went into that over the development of TS2009, many a long argument between him and Chris battling for the betterment of all us Trainzer's.

I was hoping he made into the PC this time but he didn't, he works well in this environment and works well with Chris, and he not a yes man or negative. There is a goal of better junctions which is right up Andys alley and his input on this subject would be invaluable. If you want value for money he's the guy.

Cheers

Lots

captainkman
January 24th, 2014, 11:45 PM
'Twould be an honour if I could be a part of the Pioneer Council. I did beta-test Trainz 12 until SP1 came out.

Do feel free to add me to the list of potential recipients. :)

Kieran.

H222
January 25th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Thomasbc I find it funny that you have the cheek to call people arrogant.

RRSignal
January 25th, 2014, 12:12 AM
The truth of the matter is that the few people who would be most beneficial to the Pioneer Council and have the most meaningful and appropriate influence and input into the creation of T:ANE are not people who would ever feel the need to "prove" themselves or attempt to convince some stranger via a "resume" that they deserve a spot on the council.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Most people don't just sit around and get calls with job offers. Don't take this as negative; I realize that many if not most people these days have such an enormous sense of entitlement that they really believe this is how things work, or at least how it *should* work. But just keep in mind that there are a few people left who don't think this way.

That's really what this is, in a sense: A job offer. Requiring a resume makes sense.

RRSignal
January 25th, 2014, 12:13 AM
May I suggest Andi06 he was in the Dev of TS2009 and was invaluable in what went into that over the development of TS2009, many a long argument between him and Chris battling for the betterment of all us Trainzer's.

I was hoping he made into the PC this time but he didn't, he works well in this environment and works well with Chris, and he not a yes man or negative. There is a goal of better junctions which is right up Andys alley and his input on this subject would be invaluable. If you want value for money he's the guy.

Top marks Wawasoo for what you are doing, top guy.

Cheers

Lots

I'll second everything said here! :)

pcas1986
January 25th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I'll second everything said here! :)

I would strongly support Andi for the position if he wants it. Potential nominees should realise that PC members will be asked to review design documents so, not only did they pay for the privilege, but they have to work as well. :eek:

Thomascbc
January 25th, 2014, 12:48 AM
How do you arrive at that conclusion? Most people don't just sit around and get calls with job offers. Don't take this as negative; I realize that many if not most people these days have such an enormous sense of entitlement that they really believe this is how things work, or at least how it *should* work. But just keep in mind that there are a few people left who don't think this way.

That's really what this is, in a sense: A job offer. Requiring a resume makes sense.

And who exactly is doing the "hiring"? Someone who managed to pay for one of the limited number PC spots? So the people who would either like the spot or who would be most beneficial and appropriate for it must now convince some stranger (to them most likely) that they're deserving of it? I honestly do not think that the ones who truly would make the most sense being on the PC are going to feel the need to prove themselves to someone who just happened to pay to be the "boss". Their contributions and expertise should already be clearly obvious to anyone who has been paying attention here for any length of time.

And let me add this... I do think that Wawasoo is doing the right thing by trading/giving up the PC spot if he truly believes that someone would be more suitable and beneficial to hold one of the PC spots. I just am in disagreement with how he's going about it.

bentrain14
January 25th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Got trainz in 2006, Had 2004 deluxe edition to trainz 2012. also got the trainz app. I have a website for trainz, I have done reskins, made numerous tutorials, I post alot of youtube videos, and I have started a review series. I was also a former content creator on Trainz NS railz and did a few reskins. Im still working on texturing but the skins come out good. I hae been able to do some good fictional skins like the CSX YN2 ES44DC with the accurate paint scheme and and correct placements. (i dont take credit for the textures) I want to be more active in trainz and Im interested in the pioneer council.

Zeldaboy14
January 25th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Yeah. It like he wants some random content creator to create him whatever he wants just for the Pioneer Council stop. That, is just not a very good way to basically give something someone. It like a bully makes you do something just to get your lunch back.

wawasoo
January 25th, 2014, 01:47 AM
And who exactly is doing the "hiring"? Someone who managed to pay for one of the limited number PC spots? So the people who would either like the spot or who would be most beneficial and appropriate for it must now convince some stranger (to them most likely) that they're deserving of it? I honestly do not think that the ones who truly would make the most sense being on the PC are going to feel the need to prove themselves to someone who just happened to pay to be the "boss". Their contributions and expertise should already be clearly obvious to anyone who has been paying attention here for any length of time.

And let me add this... I do think that Wawasoo is doing the right thing by trading/giving up the PC spot if he truly believes that someone would be more suitable and beneficial to hold one of the PC spots. I just am in disagreement with how he's going about it.

During the month that this came up, Christmas, I was not already into Trainz for 500. But our stove gave out right as my daughter and mother-in-law were backing cookies about a week before Christamas. The whole deal right at Christmas was $1,200 US,

It was like dam, this sucks to be me. I had no bills like that coming in, then there they were those to the turn of $1200.00 US. Made me think; I don't know how to make Christmas Cookies; Paid $700, and I really don't know how to make Software; $500.

I can frost a Christmas Cookie, I can create content for software; but I don't know how to create either and I just spent $1200.00US.

So, the $500 in Trainz goes in the direction of Somebody that knows how to make something, so that I can do something; ie put some frosting on it like a cookie, or create content.

I'm looking for this guy;

"I honestly do not think that the ones who truly would make the most sense being on the PC are going to feel the need to prove themselves to someone who just happened to pay to be the "boss". Their contributions and expertise should already be clearly obvious to anyone who has been paying attention here for any length of time."

I'm looking for the guy, that thinks he deserves the chance to prove himself, or herself, that never got it handed to them. It's a ladder I can provide, I can afford to do it, so I am. (It's not all about me, it's extending my hand to you.)

It's all Karma, what comes around goes around. I'm just putting off good Karma now. WHAT YOU GOT, LET ME HEAR IT.

I received about 7 Resumes today in private, I'm looking for more.

KingConrail76
January 25th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Please do NOT consider me for the position. I have no interest in being an N3V puppet, nor their security perimeter.
--Pioneer Council members will eventually get all the blame for things folks don't like, and will get no credit for things they do.

That said, you might want to require the "applicant" be a "Legal Adult" in their local jurisdiction (18 or 21) as part of the PC position requires a binding non-disclosure agreeement be signed (legal papers) and agreed to.

The last thing we need is "Trainz: a New Era of My Little Legend of Thomas the Zelda Pony" :hehe:

RRSignal
January 25th, 2014, 01:56 AM
And who exactly is doing the "hiring"?

The OP is.

Someone who managed to pay for one of the limited number PC spots? So the people who would either like the spot or who would be most beneficial and appropriate for it must now convince some stranger (to them most likely) that they're deserving of it?

Yep. Wawasoo's the boss because he's got the title. He got the title because he paid the money. You might not like it, but that's the way the world works. Do you think one should be entitled to a Ferrari, but only have to pay a Kia price? If you feel you are entitled to the same privileges as someone else but not have to pay as much, take your case to N3V, since they're really the only ones who can do anything anyway. Similarly, if you feel your real-world boss should give you his job because you're smarter, better-looking, or whatever, well, let us know how that goes, though I personally recommend not doing this.

This issue has come up before, in the early part of the Kickstarter campaign. Those who pledged for a TPC level were accused of having "bought" their way onto the council, largely by folks who couldn't afford to do so but felt that they are entitled to the same privileges without having to contribute the same amount of funds. At least Wawasoo is willing to spend his hard-earned money to put somebody he feels is more qualified than himself on the council, to give someone else the privileges he paid for. He's not asking a lot for people to demonstrate what they can bring to the table. Come to think of it, since one of Wawasoo's key criteria is to find someone with "drive", it stands to reason that anyone who doesn't go to the trouble to submit a resume probably doesn't have the drive he feels a TPC member needs to fill his slot.

BTW, interesting to note how you and I both "bought" our way into TEG. ;)

wawasoo
January 25th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Yes, the first days of the Pioneer Council were a bitch, enough for me too get pissed off, and kicked out of here.

So, here you go, after I told everybody to go f themselves; it still stands this way.

"I'm looking for the guy, that thinks he deserves the chance to prove himself, or herself, that never got it handed to them. It's a ladder I can provide, I can afford to do it, so I am. (It's not all about me, it's extending my hand to you.)

It's all Karma, what comes around goes around. I'm just putting off good Karma now. WHAT YOU GOT, LET ME HEAR IT."

I'll give it all up for someone better then me for this.

AntonyVW
January 25th, 2014, 03:14 AM
I doubt I would get chosen so I would recommend choosing someone who has a proven track. Someone like andi06 or shaneturner or paulhobbs or cmburgess. But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: assuming of course they were willing to accept.

pcas1986
January 25th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Yes, the first days of the Pioneer Council were a bitch, enough for me too get pissed off, and kicked out of here.

...I'm puzzled. The Pioneer Council forum only opened a couple of days ago and discussions have been very civilised and interesting. Are you upset by that or comments posted earlier in the Kickstarter Process?

That said, your offer to give up your position to someone else is commendable. I hope you find someone worthy of your investment.

meatloaf747
January 25th, 2014, 07:12 AM
I doubt I would get chosen so I would recommend choosing someone who has a proven track. Someone like andi06 or shaneturner or paulhobbs or cmburgess. But that's just my opinion.
EDIT: assuming of course they were willing to accept.

IMHO also, any of these would be find!!! They are all probably over the age of 20-25, been around for longer than 5 minutes and aren't currently working on any "Thomas the Tank Engine" re-skins...

Cheers, Mac...

amigacooke
January 25th, 2014, 07:24 AM
"Thomas the Tank Engine" re-skins...
If interest in steam locomotives is going to survive in numbers in future generations, Thomas resins may be an invaluable tool. Get 'em young.

amigacooke
January 25th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Silly question, but has N3V confirmed that seats on the TPC are transferable?

CaptEngland
January 25th, 2014, 07:51 AM
How about you, Amigacooke, If you don't mind me asking? Your a long standing member on here and are not afraid to speak out on matters.

The only thing that worries me about the P.C. is that what happens if we get a too one sided `Nationalistic` bias that we all end up with an trainz world that is only full of one countries scenery or stock. I'm not saying that this will happen, but you never know what the future may bring.

From what we know so far, my fears are at this moment not going to happen. I just hope it stays this way and not end up with software being `The Trainz world of Britain, Germany and U.S.A`, like a certain other software train set! :)

Regards.
CaptEngland.

shaneturner12
January 25th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Only thing to bear in mind that whoever does take on the post will need to be prepared (as it also includes Alpha testing - under NDA according to the Kickstarter page) as well as requiring quite a bit of communication with N3V via Skype (monthly from what I've gathered).

Shane

amigacooke
January 25th, 2014, 08:10 AM
How about you, Amigacooke, If you don't mind me asking?

'To the tune of who wants to be a millionaire'

'Who wants to be in the TPC, I don't,
Have flashy icons labelling me, I don't,
Who wants the bother of a content debate?
A content debate is something I'd hate.

Who wants to wallow in design? I don't,
Who wants to test and to refine? I don't,
Who wants to sell their soul to N3V? I don't,
And I don't cos I want some time for Elite: D!

Please take wilh a pinch of salt :)

Many thanks for asking but the people on the TPC really should be competent rather than just irritating.

clam1952
January 25th, 2014, 08:28 AM
From those names I've seen that are on the Council, I would be quite happy that they represent a reasonable spread of experience enthusiasm and passion for Trainz, that would have included Wawasoo who doesn't hold back! However his choice if he wants to make a very generous gift to someone.

whitepass
January 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I will put my name in for it, most here know me, been making content from Trainz 1.1 and Bate tester for UTC, TRS4, TS9, TS10, TS12 and was in the TRS4 CCG.

AntonyVW
January 25th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Id agree with RRSignal on the above - both in terms of Geophil and telling us to stop suggesting folk if you prefer us not to.

ryanstrains
January 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I would defiantly say Andi06 or Geophil without a doubt!

Zeldaboy14
January 25th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I would like to, but I'm not sure if I should or not.

Enzo1
January 25th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I would like to be a part of the council. I do not have a job nor any money at this time or at the time of the support. I do have some good ideas I would like to be made known to the people at N3V like the addition of talking to dispatch before departing stations and yards. I don't have any problems as seen expressing when I think something is going down the wrong path and just think it is plain out stupid and makes no sense. I believe that the surveyor should remain the same to keep the ease of building routes so those great route-builders in the world can continue doing what they do best and amazing us with them. I want to see a game for the benefit of ALL Trainzers, not just content creators. I Believe that trainz is a hobby and a very fun game to play. All of us should be able to enjoy trainz in our own ways so that we can all enjoy the same common passion that trainz brings to the table. I will be willing to put up with trouble and diss people like JR and others to get my voice heard to see to it that we all have a game we can enjoy.
And as always,
Have fun!
Chris/Enzo1

mezzoprezzo
January 25th, 2014, 12:25 PM
~snip~ Thomas resins may be ~snip~ Blimey, what sins did Thomas commit then??:eek:

'To the tune of who wants to be a millionaire' ~lyrics removed~ Well done! I enjoyed that, even though the last line doesn't quite scan. :D

And it was little out of tune ♪♫♪♪♫ when I sang it I thought :o

amigacooke
January 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Blimey, what sins did Thomas commit then??:eek: He went off the rails.

robd
January 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I agree with those who put forward andi06, he would be my choice, but doesn't that depend on andi06 being willing and in a position to do the job? Has anyone asked him ( and indeed, any others that have been put forward )?

LWVRR
January 25th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I nominate myself.

pfx
January 25th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Just as I could suggest a number of names I'd like to see take up this offer, also I could come up with far more whom I'd say should be kept well away from this.

Geophil, nexusdj, andi06, eso, bendorsey, and a number of others should be offered the chance, should they want it.

mcguirel
January 25th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Well, I have been around since Trainz began. I am disabled and with the holidays I could not even fathom being able to do any contribution.
I would be of a strong willed individual in the council as many know, I have long term project management real life experience, and I have a very limited resource skillset.
Put my interest out there (really wanted to meet the team in Cleveland and may go to train show), but knowing that other people listed as opportunities are more worthy.

Paulsw2
January 26th, 2014, 08:20 PM
If you can get him, Andi06. But who knows if he wants to do it?

I'm surprised N3v haven't considered appointing 'honorary' members to the Council of those who have the clearest track record in pushing and developing the boundaries of Trainz, like Andi and Geophil etc.

Paul

rjhowie
January 26th, 2014, 08:33 PM
No doubt I have in all probability overlooked or not seen something so do put up with those human failings and inform me what this Pioneer Council thingy is??

LWVRR
January 26th, 2014, 08:38 PM
This group needs to be disbanded, it's a bad idea and it going to cause trouble down the road. I've sent a letter to N3V about this...It's a good thing I get ignored here, isn't it?

ryanstrains
January 26th, 2014, 09:15 PM
This group needs to be disbanded, it's a bad idea and it going to cause trouble down the road. I've sent a letter to N3V about this...It's a good thing I get ignored here, isn't it?
What trouble is the group going to cause in the future? The task of the council is to help make the game great.

Zeldaboy14
January 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
He went off the rails.
Then Henry Crashed the Flying Kipper into the back of a break van... :hehe:

LWVRR
January 26th, 2014, 10:27 PM
What trouble is the group going to cause in the future? The task of the council is to help make the game great.

I don't really want to say because one who speaks his mind here gets banned. But this will cause problems in the future, if it hasn't already.

ryanstrains
January 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I don't really want to say because one who speaks his mind here gets banned. But this will cause problems in the future, if it hasn't already.
Ok? It's kind of hard to avoid those problems that you see if you won't even bring them up, I honestly don't see what problems it could create.

martinvk
January 26th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Insinuating nefarious happenings and then being coy about why. Sounds like acidic vitis berries.

As for what the Pioneer Council is and what they will do, see about half way down this (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426668601/trainz-simulator-a-new-era-create-drive-operate-sh?ref=live) page.

amigacooke
January 27th, 2014, 02:34 AM
This group needs to be disbanded, it's a bad idea and it going to cause trouble down the road. I've sent a letter to N3V about this...It's a good thing I get ignored here, isn't it? It's part of the KickStarter rewards so disbandment isn't going to happen. As to being ignored, happens to everyone at some point. Probably a good thing too.

H222
January 27th, 2014, 02:58 AM
I just hope N3V listen to the rest of us, the actual 99% who buy the game and use it.

Jamie

mezzoprezzo
January 27th, 2014, 04:04 AM
I just hope N3V listen to the rest of us, the actual 99% who buy the game and use it.

Jamie Source of this 99% figure please? It is a known fact that 67.234% of quoted statistics are made up on the spot!:D

On a more serious note a few comments.

Hopefully the term, ĎContent creatorsí, frquently referred to within this thread, doesnít just mean asset makers.

IMHO the Council needs skilled route builders who have a deep working knowledge of all of the elements of Surveyor with the skills to push those to the limits, and beyond. The Council needs the skills possessed by those who are able to create realistic scenarios utilising the best creations of all the great content creators.

When something fails, they need to say so. Not with a blunt instrument, but with valid arguments, ideas and examples of what could be achieved.

They also need tact and reasoned written communication skills. Face to face verbal contact around the Board Room table is a powerful tool, but is not available to the Pioneer Councillors. Members therefore need to be all the sharper with the tools that remain, in particular sufficient assertiveness to get N3V to listen. Then, perhaps, some of the goodies present in earlier versions but now lost, so useful for building great results, balanced with effective running, might be restored. Three examples:

Alternative wireframe mode showing the full triangular grid polygons so we can see how they flip and alter the ground to maximise fine terrain sculpting and texturing appearance. Bring it back please.

Billboard trees which arenít visually ruined by ďimprovementsĒ. Code monkey who can make this happen required please.

Long and effective draw distances which work in Surveyor, and perform equally in Driver. Nuff said!

captainkman
January 27th, 2014, 04:17 AM
Hmm....I was sure the figure was more like 43.762% of quoted statistics. :hehe:

Kieran.

amigacooke
January 27th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Billboard trees which aren’t visually ruined by “improvements”. Code monkey who can make this happen required please. Isn't this a function of improved lighting? If you have realistic lighting then flat trees are going to look flat.

martinvk
January 27th, 2014, 07:36 AM

IMHO the Council needs skilled route builders who have a deep working knowledge of all of the elements of Surveyor with the skills to push those to the limits, and beyond. The Council needs the skills possessed by those who are able to create realistic scenarios utilising the best creations of all the great content creators.When did the Council get promoted to route builders? Knowing what is required and having the skill to actually implement it are two very different things.

When something fails, they need to say so. Not with a blunt instrument, but with valid arguments, ideas and examples of what could be achieved.

They also need tact and reasoned written communication skills. Face to face verbal contact around the Board Room table is a powerful tool, but is not available to the Pioneer Councillors. Members therefore need to be all the sharper with the tools that remain, in particular sufficient assertiveness to get N3V to listen. Very true but I don't think the assertiveness will be necessary as I think N3V will also be an active participant on the Council so they will know exactly what is being discussed, no need to "get" their attention.

mezzoprezzo
January 27th, 2014, 08:05 AM
When did the Council get promoted to route builders? ~snip~ They haven't been. All I'm putting forward is that asset creators, respected and highly valuable that they are, may not always have the knowledge, skill and expertise of many of the route builders.

~snip~ Very true but I don't think the assertiveness will be necessary as I think N3V will also be an active participant on the Council so they will know exactly what is being discussed, no need to "get" their attention. Possession of effective assertiveness skills requires more than just getting peoples attention.

clam1952
January 27th, 2014, 08:13 AM
As I see it, what's needed and I think from those names we know so far have already got, is a mix of people with experience in all aspects of Trainz, enthusiasm to see the project through and hopefully some with Technical PC experience, who are not afraid to make their and hopefully our views known. We don't need Yes men or exaggerating ranters who blow a fuse when it's not going their way.

amigacooke
January 27th, 2014, 08:21 AM
As I see it, what's needed and I think from those names we know so far have already got, is a mix of people with experience in all aspects of Trainz, enthusiasm to see the project through and hopefully some with Technical PC experience, who are not afraid to make their and hopefully our views known. We don't need Yes men or exaggerating ranters who blow a fuse when it's not going their way. While this may be true, can I point out that this is only for one 'seat' at the council. The rest of the council is self selected.

mezzoprezzo
January 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Isn't this a function of improved lighting? If you have realistic lighting then flat trees are going to look flat. I wouldnít know the technicalities.

All Iím interested in is how stuff looks in Trainz so that I can try to create a believable environment. SpeedTrees donít cut it.

Iíd like to see conventional billboard trees appearing in game in future, as they did when first designed, perhaps side by side with the new ones, at least until something better comes along. Just being advised that itís technically not possible doesnít necessarily mean that it canít be done. Maybe itís just not cost effective to even try.

Iíd have no grumble if there were some great alternatives, but other than Pofigís fine work (which to me still has a too sparkly appearance), Iíve seen nothing out there.

Furthermore, unless there is a cost effective way of producing animated 3D trees by creators we stand to have very slow progress in the development and production of believable vegetation. IMHO itís only the combined weight of many creators that will see an increase in creative results. If only the ďmanyĒ could afford the software.

LWVRR
January 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
All Iím interested in is how stuff looks in Trainz so that I can try to create a believable environment. SpeedTrees donít cut it.

Iíd like to see conventional billboard trees appearing in game in future, as they did when first designed, perhaps side by side with the new ones, at least until something better comes along. Just being advised that itís technically not possible doesnít necessarily mean that it canít be done. Maybe itís just not cost effective to even try.

Iíd have no grumble if there were some great alternatives, but other than Pofigís fine work (which to me still has a too sparkly appearance), Iíve seen nothing out there.

Furthermore, unless there is a cost effective way of producing animated 3D trees by creators we stand to have very slow progress in the development and production of believable vegetation. IMHO itís only the combined weight of many creators that will see an increase in creative results. If only the ďmanyĒ could afford the software.

I've been barking up this tree for a long time. I hate to tell you this but their minds are already made up on this subject. Nothing will change. They pretend to listen to you when they want your money...now that they got our money they have gone silent.

On another note, this pioneer group is strictly "pay to play", If they have disposable income, they can been on the team. It doesn't matter what their background is.

BN1970
January 27th, 2014, 03:31 PM
PER LWVRR:
"On another note, this pioneer group is strictly "pay to play", If they have disposable income, they can been on the team. It doesn't matter what their background is."

One the one side of the coin, you are right. However, at least in my perspective, I wanted to join something where maybe my background and input might help us to realize a much better gaming experience with T:ANE. I did what I did to hopefully jumpstart this game into one of the best trainsims around. And, if it all proves out, my contribution will be shared with all of my fellow Trainzers out there, including YOU. I did not do it to get my name up in lights, and I take offense to what you are inferring to. Those of us who dug up our hard earned cash did it to help improve the game; no more, no less. We consider it an investment, just like buying stock in a company; only the reward we get is an improved game instead of dividends.

Lots_Trains
January 27th, 2014, 03:41 PM
I’d like to see conventional billboard trees appearing in game in future, as they did when first designed, perhaps side by side with the new ones,

Chris has already stated in one of these threads somewhere, that the new shaders and lighting system will make anything that is a billboard look more like a flat surface that ever, so basically they are gonna get worse. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Profig trees are the best around, you will have to make the best of them. I did read some where there is a way to remove that sparkly look on his trees, I haven't tried it yet but its on my list of things to do, I have the post saved here somewhere.

Cheers

Lots

Scitimar
January 27th, 2014, 06:22 PM
I wouldnít know the technicalities.

LoL, that's some funny stuff.

LWVRR
January 28th, 2014, 12:03 AM
I did not do it to get my name up in lights, and I take offense to what you are inferring to.

It not merely good enough just to have a Kickstart Supporter badge that says "Trainz Pioneer Council" on it, you also have a need to show it under your username. I wonder why?

It's like a freakin' good ole boys club around here already. This group is only going to make it worse. No wonder people get disgusted and leave.

See what's under my username? It's the name the good ole boys club here called me and got away with it. It shall stay there as a reminder.

Enzo1
January 28th, 2014, 12:12 AM
It not merely good enough just to have a Kickstart Supporter badge that says "Trainz Pioneer Council" on it, you also have a need to show it under your username. I wonder why?

It's like a freakin' good ole boys club around here already. This group is only going to make it worse. No wonder people get disgusted and leave.

See what's under my username? It's the name the good ole boys club here called me and got away with it. It shall stay there as a reminder. Hey don't worry, you have done some mighty fine stuff for Trainz! Its been greatly appreciated as well. I do not consider you to be a clown of any kind. I wouldn't worry to much about the good ole boys club. We will see what happens to them in the future. I'll be interested in seeing it myself.

H222
January 28th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Yawnyawnyawn.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Well, let me put it this way, I not only told the guy who was jumping my s to get f, I also that that to NV3. I don't care, but the fact is I paid for it, if they NV3 want to keep it cool, I'll walk away, and no hard feelings. But, they told me to pick somebody, they'd go with it, and I'd pay them extra for a Tin copy in the Box. Makes NO difference to me, this here is about that special somebody YOU. That couldn't afford it, but want's it. Tell me why, I'll give it to you and NV3 is on board with that.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Heard you name, tell me why?

Enzo1
January 28th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Well, let me put it this way, I not only told the guy who was jumping my s to get f, I also that that to NV3. I don't care, but the fact is I paid for it, if they NV3 want to keep it cool, I'll walk away, and no hard feelings. But, they told me to pick somebody, they'd go with it, and I'd pay them extra for a Tin copy in the Box. Makes NO difference to me, this here is about that special somebody YOU. That couldn't afford it, but want's it. Tell me why, I'll give it to you and NV3 is on board with that. I have posted my reason, I'm not sure if it was enough but hey, I gave it meh best shot! I believe this link should lead you there, http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?109043-Who-wanted-to-be-on-the-Pioneer-Council-and-why-but-could-not-afford-it&p=1250361#post1250361

gawpo50
January 28th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Isn't this a function of improved lighting? If you have realistic lighting then flat trees are going to look flat.

Yep...obviously

gawpo50
January 28th, 2014, 01:26 AM
I've been barking up this tree for a long time. I hate to tell you this but their minds are already made up on this subject. Nothing will change. They pretend to listen to you when they want your money...now that they got our money they have gone silent.

On another note, this pioneer group is strictly "pay to play", If they have disposable income, they can been on the team. It doesn't matter what their background is.

You basically couldn't be more wrong. The whole job of the pioneer council is to get what we really want in the game so far as is possible with current funding.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Well guys,

Let's just put it this way. Where I am at today, if you are driving a car on the road right now you are getting a Ticket. We are having a Blizzard and all cars on the road are getting a ticket, as you are supposed to be in your house. Everything is closed for tomorrow.

So, I got a day off.

About this tread.

Can he do this? Why Haven't we heard from NV3?

Let me just say; I'm under a non-disclosure agreement with them, and have been for a while. However, I did buy a Pioneer Council seat, but then I got so pissed off with personal attacks for that. I down graded too the one that just gave me a shinny metal box and a hard copy dvd of the game. But, I didn't change my pledge, it stood at $500. So I was so supprised when NV3 contacted me about the Pioneer Council. It was on my part F-you, F-that, and F-everthing, but keep the money anyway I didn't want it. aka My word is my bond, there answer was I paid the most ever for their game. ie, if "I" was stupid enough to not read how kickstarter worked, I'd still pay it but all I wanted was the metal box, with a hard copy dvd.

And I F'd all of them in emails about the topic.

That stunned them, hey it wasn't their fault, it was mine. I wanted a metal box and a hard copy dvd and I was willing to be a man of my word, let them have the $500 just for that.

Than a couple of days later this came to me, they are without a Pioneer. Maybe if I emailed them back and said, OK, I don't want to be a Pioneer. I want the Metal Box and the dvd, but since you already have my Pioneer money and thought I was one, could I pick one from the forum and I'd pay any differences. The answer was Yes, so here we are.

LWVRR
January 28th, 2014, 01:32 AM
You basically couldn't be more wrong. The whole job of the pioneer council is to get what we really want in the game so far as is possible with current funding.

For a price...
It's not going to the folks that really want to see the Trainz franchise continue, it's going to the folks with the most disposable income that can afford it. You don't see anything wrong with that?

LWVRR
January 28th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Why Haven't we heard from NV3?

Because they are busy counting their money! That's what it's all about after all.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 01:41 AM
That has nothing to do with NV3 for it's game or non-disclosure.

That is about a Transaction between two parties which we negotiated into this thread. So, let's not spend time going in different directions here about non-disclosure.

Also there is one condition in my pick here.

I pick and I pay.

We can't do this like screen shot of the week where the guy with the most votes wins, It has to be somebody that can & want's to do it, but for one reason or another didn't step up.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 01:44 AM
For a price...
It's not going to the folks that really want to see the Trainz franchise continue, it's going to the folks with the most disposable income that can afford it. You don't see anything wrong with that?

How can that be? I paid for it and under your premise "it's going to the folks with the most disposable income that can afford it", yet I'm willing to hand it off to somebody more qualifed. It's not all about Money, it's about the game.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 01:58 AM
What origionally got me pissed off, and people pissed off at me; was asking one simple question being on the "Pioneer" council for 40 hours. What are your Framerates on the Screen shot's you are taking? I got a mountian of S-for that from everybody taking screen shots, building routes, and it got worse from there, as it got personal. It was for me shoot the messenger.

How can you work with people, so fixed into a current situation, they can't see the future?

Well how can you fix something if you don't know what the problems are? And everybody doing it Ignores the question? And attacks you personally for the question?

These are the issues I wanted to resolve.

So the guy or gal that is getting this position from me, is going to address that in their resume.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Either ban, me our ban him, this sucks. I hate this place, and most of the people in it. This is not civil. P.M me your Resume, I can't stand this Forum, and I'm Gone.

And that guy posting me is Insane, or just God Damm Stupid

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Nice Picture looks like your cousin dad. OR is that you cousin uncle Dad?

matruck
January 28th, 2014, 03:07 AM
LMAO. Ah man your a crack up, Best o luck finding a replacment maybe you should of stuck to ya guns and stayed on the Council to put your side across after all.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Ya, maybe. But eveything has it's time, and there is a time for everything.

I'm an old Man, who has an idea of the problem, willing to put up a Young mind with Ideas to fix it. Help me, all of you find THAT GUY.

Let's find that guy together, help an old man out here, I'm asking.

AJ_Fox
January 28th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Hey all

Maybe it's time to settle down and enjoy life.

Cheers : )

AJ

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Ya that's what I'm tying to do. But around here if you stand up, they push you down. Help me here AJ

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 04:42 AM
You all probably talked about me, you know I do what I say.

Just give me some peace, on this.

I don't know why for the life of God I would have to take more Sh.t from members of this Forum.

Christs, sake it's not thier money, it's mine. I don't want the personal attacks associated with this, that's why I quit in the first place.

My God.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves, to deniy a person with means to have his own say.

Nope, Bash That Guy in the Ground.

So, then he trys to pass it off.

Then you bash him for doing that.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE ME, AFTER YOU DID THAT TO ME, ONE TOO MANY TIMES?

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 04:50 AM
What? What do you Want?

From me? I'll promise you, you are gonna get it.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Let me add in conclusion, I took pictures of every post, even the erased ones. I Have an Attorney. He Told me to do that.

Get off my ass or I'm bring you down a **** storm you ain't seen since this side of hell

So we are done, right? I'm going to give this to somebody, who I choose with not **** said from anybody.

Period.

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 05:08 AM
wawasoo - to be honest with you, some members here simply want to cause problems. It's been like that for a while now, but it's difficult to do anything about it.

Shane

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Shane, you're on my list. Infact; for better or worse on top.

I'm not a smooth guy, my family were all revolutionary soldiers, like 45. When most are happy with one. We don't take S-T not even from the King. Help me out here, you know what I want. Do it man, ask me.

Ask them, tell them why you are the guy. Tell your life story here, what you have done. Or do it in private.

fran1
January 28th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Let me add in conclusion, I took pictures of every post, even the erased ones. I Have an Attorney. He Told me to do that.

Get off my ass or I'm bring you down a **** storm you ain't seen since this side of hell

So we are done, right? I'm going to give this to somebody, who I choose with not **** said from anybody.

Period.

Sometimes it's best to just ignore folk, they don't like talking to themselves as it makes them look foolish.
I think this is one of them, it would also do your blood pressure a favour.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Shane

In a way, son.

I don't know why, or how you do what you have done.

But I respect you, Are you on the Pioneer Council?

matruck
January 28th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Wawasoo you seem to start off as nice as pie till the moonshine kicks in and then you start with the threats. Treat others as you wish to be treated, Every one of your threads end the same way this one will go cause you just don't know when to stop.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Dude all you needed to do was show up.

You are my pick, on the Pioneer Council.

For all of Trainz, I give you Shane.

Now I can be an old man in the distance, as I was.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Shane is the guy, leave me alone.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Here's the Email;

Shane Turner is my pick for pioneer, I'm sure you can work with him.

amigacooke
January 28th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Dude all you needed to do was show up.

You are my pick, on the Pioneer Council.

For all of Trainz, I give you Shane.

Now I can be an old man in the distance, as I was.

Good choice.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:40 AM
You know what dude? My wife don't even know about trainz, shawn or any of this, so consider you self lucky, but not my wife. Who don't know S. Let's talk about Shane.

wawasoo
January 28th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Thank you, I want more of that, and also we need to hear from Shane, it's all paid for on your behalf. If you will do it.

I sent you my phone number, but I am going to sleep now. If you are going to do it just post on the site saying you will, and call me later.

I'm tired and going to sleep.

AntonyVW
January 28th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Hey Wawasoo - good choice. Im sure Shane will do a good job - assuming he accepts of course.

ivantr
January 28th, 2014, 08:26 AM
How the hell did this turned out so bad??
Give them swords and then see how they kill each other

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 09:04 AM
It just seems to be the way when certain users get in threads

I'm happy to take on a Pioneer Council role, as I want to be able to make the game the best I can whilst listening to others in the process (just hoping that my current system will be able to handle the new system, as I'm also saving up to get a new system to run it even better). I don't want to cause any unnecessary arguments though or any falling out, and I want to be sure that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes in the process.

Shane

amigacooke
January 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I want to be sure that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes in the process.

Shane Congratulations Shane. I wouldn't worry too much about the toes, whatever you do someone will claim crushed tootsies.

mikeman
January 28th, 2014, 09:10 AM
If I had a vote for who gets it ( and I don't) my suggestion would be Dap or Dave snow. Both of them have been very large contributors to the trainz community and I feel would do a great job of representing their field on the committee.

psteg
January 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM
From the short time I have been in Trainz, I think you are the best choice. You and your site has helped me a lot.

fran1
January 28th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Go on Shane, better the devil we know than the one we don't.
I bet they're twitching in their sleep in upside down land at the thought of you in their midst.
Used to know a joke about the Pie an Ear corps.

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 10:36 AM
N3V know what I'm like anyway when it comes to wanting things to work properly. Nothing's guaranteed at this stage though unless N3V confirm it.

Shane

fran1
January 28th, 2014, 10:41 AM
N3V know what I'm like anyway when it comes to wanting things to work properly.

Shane

In their midst before you actually get there, go on lad dog em.

JCitron
January 28th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Congratulations Shane. Welcome aboard the Pioneer Council!

John

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Thankyou John. I'm just hoping no-one objects to it though.

Shane

j_maybury
January 28th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Now that I have finished my bag of popcorn, and the show seams to be over.
I would like to be one of the first to congratulate Shane Turner on the post of pioneer counsel, for the hard work that he dose for all the trainzers that need help, maybe TANE will be less of a pain to work on with Shane on-board, and that can only be a good thing.
Congratulations go to wawasoo as well for making a good choice, you nearly held it together but lost your rag at the end there.
I could see that this one was fraught with danger and so could a lot of others, but you held it together in the end.
Well Done.

JCitron
January 28th, 2014, 11:18 AM

Shane

I don't think you'll have a problem with that. You know your stuff and you know your way around Trainz well enough to have a good understanding of what will be needed going into the future.

I do apologize for not acting sooner on this thread, with the nasty stuff a of a few individuals who always seem to do that, but I was actually working on my big Hoosac Tunnel route! Really! I was using Trainz TS12 and not hanging on the forums. :)

John

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Indeed. In terms of moderation, I usually end up with a similar problem over on my forum. Luckily, I've now got a forum addon helping me and the moderators on my forum by preventing bogus registrations and spam posts.

Luckily, I also got Skype installed and registered today as well.

Shane

amigacooke
January 28th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I was using Trainz TS12 and not hanging on the forums. :)

John Well you can't be faulted for that.

Has N3V thought of boosting the moderator numbers so it doesn't all fall on you?

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 11:27 AM
From recollection, there are around 6-7 moderators on here, but it's a question on when they are actually on the forums - most of the time, it's either John, Ian, or AJ that end up dealing with problems.

Shane

JCitron
January 28th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Well you can't be faulted for that.

Has N3V thought of boosting the moderator numbers so it doesn't all fall on you?

They have actually. It's just I have a bit of insomnia due to changes in my condition, so I stay online from 11:00 am till 2:00 am and usually stay up to at least 4:00.

I'm also pretty reactive too when I receive a request email. I usually jump right away before things begin to fester. :)

John

BLACKWATCH
January 28th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Whoever gets this placement needs to be equipped with bloody great boots, so that they can give those at N3v a soddin' kick up the rear.
This sim is a mess, with no one seeming to take any interest in putting it right before starting yet another venture that's will fail just as
the previous cocked up versions have.

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Don't worry - if N3V do confirm the position, I will make sure something happens, along with the other members. I've got some previous issues with TS12 anyway that I'm going to be watching out for anyway.

Shane

JCitron
January 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Whoever gets this placement needs to be equipped with bloody great boots, so that they can give those at N3v a soddin' kick up the rear.
This sim is a mess, with no one seeming to take any interest in putting it right before starting yet another venture that's will fail just as

I think these ought to be standard issue for all the Pioneer Council members. I went out on an extra limb for this and cut into my already tight pensioner's budget, contrary to what some people had posted here. We're not all rolling in the dough.

John

RRSignal
January 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM

Shane

Agreed, which is why I would like to take Mr. Turner up on his offer and object to his nomination, as he's easily the least qualified Trainzer in this regard. The last thing we need is every N3V suggestion rubber-stamped. However, the reason I didn't object earlier is, again, because it's Wawasoo slot and Wawasoo's decision, and we have to respect that. I can hope the other 27 people will bring balance to TPC, but we'll see.

P.S. I'll probably get banned for taking Mr. Turner up on his offer to object...even though I'm officially not...

BN1970
January 28th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I would like to also congratulate Shane for volunteering for the Council seat. Can always use a familiar voice when working with NV3. And another thanks to wawasoo for his pledge and donating his seat at the council. He has my utmost respect for his unselfish deed.

BN1970
January 28th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I think these ought to be standard issue for all the Pioneer Council members. I went out on an extra limb for this and cut into my already tight pensioner's budget, contrary to what some people had posted here. We're not all rolling in the dough.

John

I agree this should be an issue we all should keep in mind. I was on that limb, too, John; being a pensioner myself it does dent the old budget. Sometimes people just can't see that.

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Don't forget though RRSignal - there are several qualities that help when it comes to things like that, and I'm sure that I've got a good chance of working with the other members to make the next version good (I may even be able to do something about the DRM side of things if I'm lucky). I have no problems with people objecting though.

Shane

robd
January 28th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Congrats to shaneturner12 on his prospective membership of the Pioneer Council, I don't object but he wouldn't be my choice for reasons stated in previous posts, but it's happened ( or about to happen ).

I would like to ask some questions about the Pioneer Council:

1. Do we all get to know who is in the Pioneer Council?

2. Have these people who have 'bought in' to be members done so for the prestige alone, or do they feel that they have something to contribute?

As the Pioneer Council is an important 'upper echelon' position with seemingly great influence over the future of Trainz, perhaps each Pioneer Council member should introduce him/her self and give us a brief reason why they wanted to be on the Pioneer Council.

Rob.

ryanstrains
January 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Congrats to shaneturner12 on his prospective membership of the Pioneer Council, I don't object but wouldn't be my choice for reasons stated in previous posts, but it's happened ( or about to happen ).

I would like to ask some questions about the Pioneer Council:

1. Do we all get to know who is in the Pioneer Council?

2. Have these people who have 'bought in' to be members done so for the prestige alone, or do they feel that they have something to contribute?

As the Pioneer Council is an important 'upper echelon' position with seemingly great influence over the future of Trainz, perhaps each Pioneer Council member should introduce him/her self and give us a brief reason why they wanted to be on the Pioneer Council.

Rob.
I believe on one of the kickstarter email updates, all the pioneer council members were introduced. About the more information part, I'm not sure if N3V is going to post the "about me" but from what I've seen the other folks are all very dedicated to making the game better.

robd
January 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I believe on one of the kickstarter email updates, all the pioneer council members were introduced. About the more information part, I'm not sure if N3V is going to post the "about me" but from what I've seen the other folks are all very dedicated to making the game better.

I don't recall receiving that email.

clam1952
January 28th, 2014, 01:47 PM
How about we just thank those with big enough wallets to make a new version of Trainz a possibility rather than an unlikely dream, and move on. Personally I don't need to know why the council members pledged I'm just glad that they did.

BN1970
January 28th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I, for one, have no problem introducing myself to you all. I joined the council to not only help fund the development of T:ANE, but to use my experience in railroad operations to advance Trainz to the next level if I can. I am not a content creator, but I have done reskinning for this and other train sims, so I do understand some of the inner workings of this sim. As far as my railroad experience goes, I spent 43 years working for the CB&Q, BN, and BNSF Railway as a Conductor, Brakeman, Locomotive Hostler, Yard and Mainline trains, and a Remote Control Locomotive Operator.

I am well versed in CTC (Centralized Traffic Control), ABS (Automatic Block Control), and TWC (Track Warrant Territory, commonly called "Dark Territory"). I also understand Train Handling, Tonnage, Dynamic Braking, Waybills, and other operating practices. I also understand all signal indications and their various uses and aspects.

So, even though I'm not into content or asset creation, I wanted to join this group to be able to hopefully input some of my practical railroad experience to NV3 and maybe help make the game as realistic as it can possibly achieve.

This is why I spent my hard earned pension funds; I may not be able to create many things to be able to share with you all, but if some of my ideas get implemented into T:ANE then I can feel I have finally made some kind of contribution to you all.

clam1952
January 28th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I don't recall receiving that email.

It's an update on the Kickstarter Page, Meet the Council, scroll down for the list https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426668601/trainz-simulator-a-new-era-create-drive-operate-sh/posts/673518

RRSignal
January 28th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Edit: Lol, mvn, Malc beat me to it.

robd
January 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
How about we just thank those with big enough wallets to make a new version of Trainz a possibility rather than an unlikely dream, and move on. Personally I don't need to know why the council members pledged I'm just glad that they did.

As you personally wish but I personally feel it's not just about the money, it's also about the person. Hopefully they're all wanting to improve Trainz and making it 'fit' for the future.

It's an update on the Kickstarter Page, Meet the Council, scroll down for the list https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426668601/trainz-simulator-a-new-era-create-drive-operate-sh/posts/673518

Thanks, I must have missed that update. Doesn't appear to be a complete list though.

Rob

shaneturner12
January 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I know I definitely want Trainz to be the best it can be (improving it in the process), given the problems I've had with TS12 and previous versions.

Shane

Jananton
January 28th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Most of the time I refrain from threads where bickering is implied, but in this case congrats Shane, I'd say, stiff upper lip and go for it. :hehe:

You've done a lot to help people getting to grips with their hobby the past years that it's only fair to have a say in their trainz future as well.

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

RPearson
January 28th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Shane, congradulations! You would have been on my short list if it were my choice to make. I was a senior engineer for a short time but decided I needed to get more involved this time around. I found the extra cash to get a seat in the TEG forum. Fortunately there were none left in the Pioneer Council by the time I looked there - it would have been just that much harder to explain to my wife when she finds out - and she will rest assured.

You've paid your dues with your support of Trainz over the years helping to make it easier for new and old alike to get the most out of this game that they can.

Best of luck,

Bob Pearson

meatloaf747
January 29th, 2014, 01:10 AM
shaneturner12[/B];1251875]I know I definitely want Trainz to be the best it can be (improving it in the process), given the problems I've had with TS12 and previous versions. Shane

I'm very grateful for the amount of time & effort you have put into creating all your very helpful TUTORIALS Shane. This alone has earn't you my full support for your name to be "thrown in the hat" Good luck...

Cheers, Mac...

LWVRR
January 29th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Congrads Shane on your entrance to the Good Ole Boys Club.

shaneturner12
January 29th, 2014, 03:42 AM
That's a new name for it there LWVRR...

Meanwhile, I will do my best to help both with the next version of Trainz as well as the current version (as I know I'm going to be very busy).

Shane

wawasoo
January 29th, 2014, 11:52 PM
It started that way, I wasn't suppose to be here, according to other. Shane has conributed much and he is generally accepted by all. I only ask that they leave me alone and stop stalking me here on these threads..

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 12:09 AM
On 22/01/2014 13:04, Wawasoo wrote:

> Since you guys all thought I was on the Pioneer Council, and can't
> sell my spot, let me name the guy.

Yes, you can do that.

We'll take whatever nomination you would like to put forward.

James Moody
-- Content Manager
N3V Games

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I'm waiting on a Confirm of Shane Turner from NV3. So I can be done with you, and this, and leave it to Shane, who knows my interests, and will not stalk me, and humiliate me just for trying to better the game of all of us.

A covenant not to compete, has nothing to do with, Jointed Rail wanting to spread their influence here.

Here's my family;

http://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=Ingalls-480&public=1

How much do you think I can take of you numbnuts? Big, Proud American Family that we are. Aj_fox siad; No need for name calling. Whatever will be, will be., I'm sorry. But my Ancestors were some bad ass Dudes in America.

AJ_Fox
January 30th, 2014, 12:29 AM
No need for name calling. Whatever will be, will be.

Cheers

AJ

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 12:41 AM
We, were not Kicks. We Founded Michigan.

http://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=Ingalls-480&public=1

(http://www.wikitree.com/index.php?title=Ingalls-480&public=1)

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Those that have degraded me, only need to look at my family; And get off my sxit;

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Ingalls-479

If you live in the United States you owe it all to my Family 3 or 4 Fathers were in the Revolution.

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 12:54 AM
It's really easy to fall in line, and just attack somebody, because others do. But we are of the Big American Family, tied, into George Washington, John Adams, Stephen Grover Cleveland, Abraham Lincoln, John Adams, His son John Quincy Adams, Keep knocking me and tearing me down, those are my ancestors.

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Let's just put it this way; If you a have anything, anything all all to say about my family or me It will have to be entirely factual of I will sue you until the Cows come home, I'm not gonna take your ****.

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 01:56 AM
It's gong to Shane Turner. Unless you guys want to give me my money back which you already took, and make up another story then I did. Man up do it, and be done with it.

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 02:02 AM
I hope, that that people at Jointed Rail realize who I am related to in this country, and leave me the **** alone if I get one more smart added post.

OR, I will take everything they own and make it mine with these posts to me, degrading me, From that dumb **** you have had stalking me.

Leave me alone from this point on, I do not what you to me look live a hick-a-billy numbskull, on here an other ****ing website, I don't want to hear a word from you guys ever again. And I mean that Stop Stalking me. IF you do so I gonna bring you a ****-storm. I ****ing Promise. And I mean it I know how your are related to me, you are ****ing with me, that's not fare, and that can get you killed

AJ_Fox
January 30th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Hi Wawasoo

I'm not one of "the guys", just a volunteer Moderator here on the Trainz Forums. I hope everything works out for you as you would like it, but really, I think you would be happier if you just let this go. You have a fine family heritage which you are obviously proud of as well you should be.

Cheers

AJ

wawasoo
January 30th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Then A.J. just make the guys stop harrasing, stalking to my threads, posting me, being mean, let me put down my money and put up Shane Tunrner for Pioneer member. and leave ma a lone, everybody.

norfolksouthern37
January 30th, 2014, 02:56 AM
I hope, that that people at Jointed Rail realize who I am related to in this country, and leave me the **** alone if I get one more smart added post.

OR, I will take everything they own and make it mine with these posts to me, degrading me, From that dumb **** you have had stalking me.

Leave me alone from this point on, I do not what you to me look live a hick-a-billy numbskull, on here an other ****ing website, I don't want to hear a word from you guys ever again. And I mean that Stop Stalking me. IF you do so I gonna bring you a ****-storm. I ****ing Promise. And I mean it I know how your are related to me, you are ****ing with me, that's not fare, and that can get you killed

ahem, excuse me... but what is this all about? Jointed Rail has nobody stalking you or whatever was going on in this thread. Who and what are you talking about here?

shaneturner12
January 30th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I'm surprised that this thread is still going on myself. Looks like N3V have already made the required changes anyway.

Shane

AJ_Fox
January 30th, 2014, 03:09 AM
I can't "make" anybody do anything. I can use my admin privileges to close threads, remove posts, remove threads and so forth, but I choose to only use those sparingly. I would much rather see members here work things out among themselves. That doesn't mean I won't use them, but I prefer not to.

So, let's get this thread back on the friendly please.

Cheers

AJ

shaneturner12
January 30th, 2014, 03:18 AM
I agree with you there AJ. It always seems to be the case for some threads to go downhill (including this one, even though the OP has already made their decision).

Shane

amigacooke
January 30th, 2014, 03:26 AM
I can't see this thread going anywhere good.

shaneturner12
January 30th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Neither can I. I've a feeling that either AJ or JCitron are going to have to close this thread. What amazes me is that it's still going on even though the decision has been made.

Shane

AJ_Fox
January 30th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Point taken. I'm going to close this. Maybe if it needs to be started again, it can be friendly and constructive.

Cheers alle ( the German side of AJ)

AJ