PDA

View Full Version : Cant get Blue Comet on Track

sackman
January 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Been away from TS for awhile..I have TS2010 and TS2012 . And the Blue Comet add on pack purchased Dec 2011.
In TS2012 the Comet shows up in the surveyor list but I cannot add the Comet to a track on any quick drive route or anywhere on the tracks.
All other items on surveyors list do load and all is well with them. I try to load the Comet on the right area of track, no obstacles.
I do notice that the Comet thumbnail pix on the quick drive menu is in a blackened window if that means anything.

The Comet doesnt even show up in TS2010...not on the surveyors list, no where.

What am I doing wrong??

NSWGR_46Class
January 16th, 2014, 01:27 AM
The comment will not work in TS2010 full stop
For the Blue Comet to work in TS12 you need at least SP1 installed

Been away from TS for awhile..I have TS2010 and TS2012 . And the Blue Comet add on pack purchased Dec 2011.
In TS2012 the Comet shows up in the surveyor list but I cannot add the Comet to a track on any quick drive route or anywhere on the tracks.
All other items on surveyors list do load and all is well with them. I try to load the Comet on the right area of track, no obstacles.
I do notice that the Comet thumbnail pix on the quick drive menu is in a blackened window if that means anything.

The Comet doesnt even show up in TS2010...not on the surveyors list, no where.

What am I doing wrong??

rweber95
January 16th, 2014, 01:41 AM
The Blue Comet is listed as CNJ G3s Black,<kuid:523:1972780>, CNJ G3s Blue,<kuid:523:1972742> or CNJ P47,<kuid:523:1972789>. You can place them on a track, using the Trains tab in Surveyor, as a loco or as a consist.

Bob Weber

xcrossi
January 16th, 2014, 03:28 AM
1st things 1st.
Is it listed in your CM.
Post errors please.

sackman
January 16th, 2014, 01:59 PM
1st things 1st.
Is it listed in your CM.
Post errors please.

All CNJ Blue Comet etc are in the CM on both TS 2010 and TS2012. I cannot place any CNJ items on a track..even in Edit or Create Route mode.
I can place other trains in list with no problems. Again the CNJ series images are in a blackened window while other trains are not..there a a significant number of trains and cars I can choose from in Edit and Create Route using the trains tab.
TS2010 is build 49933, TS2012 is 61388. I run Vista 32 w/Core i7.

sackman
January 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
1st things 1st.
Is it listed in your CM.
Post errors please.

xcrossi..

The CNJ's are all in the CM and I did find a content manager issue...there is a small orange icon in the corner of "all" the CNJ kuid's
'status' built in (laptop) icon.
I read some thing on this and it referred to Permission to edit/clone and the like. I dont know what this means or what I can do to fix this.
I have the invoice info and serial number for Blue Comet Add-on.
Build 61388 TS2012

JCitron
January 20th, 2014, 01:16 PM
xcrossi..

The CNJ's are all in the CM and I did find a content manager issue...there is a small orange icon in the corner of "all" the CNJ kuid's
'status' built in (laptop) icon.
I read some thing on this and it referred to Permission to edit/clone and the like. I dont know what this means or what I can do to fix this.
I have the invoice info and serial number for Blue Comet Add-on.
Build 61388 TS2012

You should be all set then.

Simply, as said above, go into Surveyor or the Session editor (recommended), and add the trains. Look for CNJ G3 in the individual cars and locomotives. There are already consists made up so you should be able to find CNJ Blue Comet there. You then place them on the tracks and go on from there.

John

sackman
January 20th, 2014, 01:47 PM
You should be all set then.

Simply, as said above, go into Surveyor or the Session editor (recommended), and add the trains. Look for CNJ G3 in the individual cars and locomotives. There are already consists made up so you should be able to find CNJ Blue Comet there. You then place them on the tracks and go on from there.

John

For the life of me, I cant place the CNJ's on a track....I can do it with all other cars and locos. The Blue Comet Lite and Heavy consists appear on my quick drive menu but they will not load on any track anywhere....In edit session the CNJ's appear on the list with the other assets but they will not load. They will not load even if I create my own route from the surveyor (trains) tab. Really Puzzled!!

BDP
January 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Accually I have the Blue Comet DLC and it works just fine in TS12 Pre SP1

Jananton
January 20th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Hmm, after updating your TS12 installation with SP1 and hotfixes is the checkmark in the Options menu of the trainz program itself checked at the option automatic update/download DLC content? If you haven't that's probably it. After SP1 you need trainz to download all DLC you own again.

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

sackman
January 20th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Hmm, after updating your TS12 installation with SP1 and hotfixes is the checkmark in the Options menu of the trainz program itself checked at the option automatic update/download DLC content? If you haven't that's probably it. After SP1 you need trainz to download all DLC you own again.

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Yup! Got that checked...I did manually download the last hot fix to get from Build 58414 to 61388. Have a pleasant night!!

rweber95
January 20th, 2014, 11:27 PM
xcrossi..

'status' built in (laptop) icon.The orange(gold) icon with a diagonal thru it means it is a protected kuid and can't be edited or cloned. If you right click one of the CNJ's and select View errors and warnings does anything show? Also check the View Dependencies and look at the list of depencencies for problems.

Bob Weber

sackman
January 21st, 2014, 08:22 AM
The orange(gold) icon with a diagonal thru it means it is a protected kuid and can't be edited or cloned. If you right click one of the CNJ's and select View errors and warnings does anything show? Also check the View Dependencies and look at the list of depencencies for problems.

Bob Weber

After the right click I have No errors or warnings and there are no dependency issues on them......I really dont want to delete the entire game and start over just for the CNJ's..it may not even work. This is a purchased add on from Auran...it was in Dec 2011, is says 44370 in the .exe file. Could this program be bugged?

Jananton
January 21st, 2014, 10:42 AM
Hmm, if you've installed that version after upgrading TS12 to SP1 that's the problem. DLC content in TS12+SP1 can only be installed by download done by the trainz program itself.
Delete the CNJ's and let the program download them again, or if they are your only DLC items choose re download all purchased DLC's.

Hope this helps. ;)

Greetings from drizzly Amsterdam,

Jan

sackman
January 21st, 2014, 03:19 PM
Hmm, if you've installed that version after upgrading TS12 to SP1 that's the problem. DLC content in TS12+SP1 can only be installed by download done by the trainz program itself.
Delete the CNJ's and let the program download them again, or if they are your only DLC items choose re download all purchased DLC's.

Hope this helps. ;)

Greetings from drizzly Amsterdam,

Jan

Jan
Thanks for getting back....I used the right click and found 'delete' but it is grayed out and wont let me delete any "installed" assets. I found 'download' that is active but the dwnld did not start for any CNJ. I tried downloading a CNJ caboose that indicated DS from the download station and this item did start to download.
Perhaps I should simply bag this one, the are many other assets I can work with. Just that I am a New Jersey USA guy and wanted the Blue Comet.
Snow storm in Jersey.

Steve

Jananton
January 22nd, 2014, 05:23 AM
Well, there's one thing left to try and then I'm out of ideas. ;)
Startup trainz and on the opening screen in the program itself go to the box 'Get New Content' and there click 'redownload all purchases'.
That should in theory get all your bought content to a working state. Be aware that downloading like this will make the program very sluggish during the process, so be prepared to do something else while this action is in progress. :hehe:

If this fails I would issue a helpdesk ticket about the problem because the CNJ's behave as desired over here. (TS12+SP1+HF4)

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

sackman
January 22nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Well, there's one thing left to try and then I'm out of ideas. ;)
Startup trainz and on the opening screen in the program itself go to the box 'Get New Content' and there click 'redownload all purchases'.
That should in theory get all your bought content to a working state. Be aware that downloading like this will make the program very sluggish during the process, so be prepared to do something else while this action is in progress. :hehe:

If this fails I would issue a helpdesk ticket about the problem because the CNJ's behave as desired over here. (TS12+SP1+HF4)

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

As soon as I clicked on redownload it immediately said..Success..all purchased content should now be available. I will get a ticket started.
Thanks for your help!!