PDA

View Full Version : content fixing from TS12 PRE SP1 to TS12 SP1 HF4

jfriedrich
December 16th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Hi All,

Just thought I'd mention this that fixing content from TS12 PRE SP1 to TS12 SP1 HF4 is not as hard as i thought it was going to be, especially when I have zero experience with writing code scripting, config files etc. I was hesitant in updating initially due to all the fixing that everyone was posting about having to do, but i decided to update last week as everyone is starting to release SP1 HF4 content of which i wanted to use and enjoy. I started out with over 200 items to fix including the audio file fixing and the thumbnail fixing, and now I've got about 100 left to fix with faults. Having a fault free TS12 SP1 HF4 Install is possible. I even managed to get the roadrailers from VMD to work in build 61388.

Regards,
Jordan

JCitron
December 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I'd mention this that fixing content from TS12 PRE SP1 to TS12 SP1 HF4 is not as hard as i thought it was going to be, especially when I have zero experience with writing code scripting, config files etc. I was hesitant in updating initially due to all the fixing that everyone was posting about having to do, but i decided to update last week as everyone is starting to release SP1 HF4 content of which i wanted to use and enjoy. I started out with over 200 items to fix including the audio file fixing and the thumbnail fixing, and now I've got about 100 left to fix with faults. Having a fault free TS12 SP1 HF4 Install is possible. I even managed to get the roadrailers from VMD to work in build 61388.

Regards,
Jordan

This is great! You'll notice that TS12 will actually run quite well too because it doesn't have to slog over the faulty assets.

I've been saying this all along. Fixing the stuff isn't that complicated. Feel free to post any questions up here should you have things you can't figure out.

John

jfriedrich
December 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks John.

kenneth18278
December 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Well, my experience of upgrading to TS12 SP1 HF4 has been very positive. I had an installation of TS12 unpatched (build 3.6) on one machine with no faulty assets (I had fixed them all over time, and has been said before, they were not that difficult). I just copied the whole install over to another computer, and upgraded to HF4. I had no faulty assets, and have since imported (via cdp's) a lot of my favourite assets from a 2009 install, some with build numbers down to 2.4. No faults. A few errors, mostly regarding the tga files being a single colour. As warnings don't matter I haven't tried to fix them and the assets all work in game.

I held off on moving up to 3.7 for quite a while, and made the move expecting problems, and was very pleased when I had none at all. Having read all the doomsayers and people who did experience difficulties on the forums, I was very pleasantly surprised, and congrats to N3V and their dedicated team for getting it so right.