PDA

View Full Version : I'll be gone for a while :(

Jacob7f1
December 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Due to my horrid computer and my trainz taking up a forth of my hard drive, ill be away like I've been for a while. What I want to do is when (or if) I get a new PC, copy my N3V games folder and put it on a removeable hard drive. So, if I do that, will I still have all of my DLS downloads and 3rd party downloads?
-Jacob

deadpoolmx55
December 12th, 2013, 03:18 PM

ivantr
December 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I can't keep writing without tearing, dont leave us please
Just kidding, no offence, but we dont need this type of threads, im sorry for being the one that has to say it
Otherwise, we expect you to be you here early as possible
Have a good holiday from trainz

Greetings

Robert3a0
December 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
"What I want to do is when (or if) I get a new PC, copy my N3V games folder and put it on a removeable hard drive. So, if I do that, will I still have all of my DLS downloads and 3rd party downloads?" Hi Jacob, you don't necessarily have to get a new computer all you need is an extra hard drive. Most modern computers will run multiple hard drives and already have the hardware fitted to do that (power cables, shelves). Depending on its capacity and speed a reasonable hard drive can cost as little as $70 - look on the net there are plenty available. Also, hard drives are very easy to fit, it is just a matter of attaching the four screws, power and SATA cables. I am running three internal hard drives and an external drive (which is also another option for you). Have a look at those options, as they are much cheaper than buying a new computer. Also, you will not need to worry about transferring all of your content to a new computer - which can be a very trying experience.
Bob