PDA

View Full Version : Wheels dont roll on this engine

Sorebutt
December 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I just downloaded this engine. CN SD75I Nice looking engine. But the dam thing is a slider. What i mean is the wheel don,t roll. Is there a set of bogey to replace the ones on the engine. please let me know. Iam running Trainz 2009 and i got the engine from a sight called Trainzstop Thanks

JCitron
December 4th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I just downloaded this engine. CN SD75I Nice looking engine. But the dam thing is a slider. What i mean is the wheel don,t roll. Is there a set of bogey to replace the ones on the engine. please let me know. Iam running Trainz 2009 and i got the engine from a sight called Trainzstop Thanks

It sounds like this is some older content and the creator used the old "paper" bogeys as we call them. This is relatively easy to fix.

This is done in Content Manager and requires that you modify the entries for the bogeys (trucks) for the locomotive.

Find a similar locomotive to the one you want to upgrade. View the config.txt file and note the bogeys that are used.

Clone your downloaded locomotive, the SD75I, and edit the config.txt file. This is done by opening up the clone in Explorer - a folder view within Content Manager.

Search the file for where the bogeys are located and change out the KUID value for the one you like. You'll possibly have to do this a few times. Twice for the actual bogey in the table, and one in the KUID listing at the end of the config.txt.

Save the config.txt when you're done. Close the folders, and commit the asset to add it back into Trainz by pressing CTRL+M at the same time. When this is done, any errors will appear so cross fingers there are none, and if all goes well you'll have your new bogies on your locomotive.

When you test your locomotive in Trainz, choose the cloned copy - your copy - as that's the one that was modified. Here's hint: Name the cloned copy something like My SD75I or something like that.

Good luck and feel free to post here for more help.

John

Sorebutt
December 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mitch,

I merged in your other post. This is the original where you asked the same thing. Duplicate posts are frowned upon in the forums

See my answer. It should help answer your question, I hope. :)

John

pdkoester
December 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
if you change to other bogies, and they are too high or too low, you can fix that with orientation and position options. Someone could even help you remotely with Skype, teamviewer, or similar remote service, if you asked. ShaneTurner could give you advice and links to where you get information on position and orientation commands.

Paul

Sorebutt
December 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hello John. This is a new post. saying i have tried to change bogies but the bogies just sink in to the track[IMG]100_2694

llebrez
December 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
There are some variations of this problem: The wheels turn very slowly. Keep turning even when the loco is stopped. Don't turn at all, or the speed is not sync to real speed of loco. Are all these related?

BuilderBob
December 7th, 2013, 06:29 PM
There are some variations of this problem: The wheels turn very slowly. Keep turning even when the loco is stopped. Don't turn at all, or the speed is not sync to real speed of loco. Are all these related?

They are related in the sense that they are faults in the configuration of the asset.

Wheels turning all the time is a fault in the animation. See:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?69311-how-do-I-stop-a-train-from-moving-its-wheels&p=751040#post751040

Don't turn at all is due to the bogey not including the necessary animation - replace the bogey with an animated version. If the bogey is animated, then the anim.kin file is missing or corrupted.

Wheels out of synch is probably due to a wrong animation frame rate, and the wrong speed can be due to incorrect settings in the mesh - choose a different bogey.

clam1952
December 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
You can move the bogies up down or whatever using the position tag see this thread http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?67756-Floating-Bogies&highlight=Floating%20bogies