PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Train Schedules

Kris94
November 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I know that in surveyor that you can add a timetable to a train. That's very useful when you have passenger trains but when you're in session mode, you can't do that whether the train is on the map or you have to emit it from a portal. I think it would be a great feature to have. Especially in the upcoming T2 New Era game.

Yet another great suggestion that was rejected. It seems that the mods don't want to hear anything from me as far as suggestions go.

hert
November 30th, 2013, 06:48 PM
You can already do this thats why it was most likely rejected. You make up the schedules for the session, then call on the driver command to get the schedules you made up. If you used the search function you would see many threads about it.

fran1
December 1st, 2013, 12:35 AM
You need the schedule library ( where you make up as many schedules as you need for the session and name them) and use the copy commands from rule.

Kris94
December 1st, 2013, 03:30 AM
What about making a schedule library in game? That's what I'd like to be able to do. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

shaneturner12
December 1st, 2013, 03:58 AM
It's a rule you add via Edit Session.

Shane

fran1
December 1st, 2013, 06:43 AM
What about making a schedule library in game? That's what I'd like to be able to do. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

You can alter a drivers schedule in game as long as it's already in use by a driver, still using the copy commands from rule but instead of from library use from driver (select appropriate driver). Once the set is copied over you can drag commands out and insert as required, a bit of a pain if a lot of new commands are needed.
Remember you can put as many sets of commands as you need in the session library.
A way I use if I forget a set or 2 of regularly used commands is using samplaires signal box with interior view (needs to be placed on invisible track in surveyor). Allocate a driver to it then insert a set of commands, then copy from that driver to another. You can abandon that schedule and make others if needed.

Kris94
December 1st, 2013, 07:39 AM
It's a rule you add via Edit Session.

Shane

Is it part of the quick drive rule?

shaneturner12
December 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Not to my knowledge. The rule is called 'Schedule Library' and the associated driver command (which you will need to turn on under Driver Commands) is 'Copy Commands From'. Also, be aware that a 5 second wait command is required before the Copy Commands From command if the command is being used as the first command in the schedule (in Driver Setup) and it's at the start of the session.

Shane