PDA

View Full Version : 'Out of Memory' when attempt uninstall ???

CurlSnout
November 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Hello Citizens, I'm trying to uninstall Trainz Simulator 2010 (Engineers Edition) - patched to build 49933. However, I am unable; I keep getting an 'Out of Memory' error. I'm running Windows 7. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in any case, cs. ps: I was able to uninstall before adding in the service packs (build 41491 > 41615 > 42203 > 43434 > 44088 > 49933).

JCitron
November 22nd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Ensure you have enough disk space and that your antivirus has been turned off, and run the patch as administrator.

John

CurlSnout
November 22nd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Ensure you have enough disk space and that your antivirus has been turned off, and run the patch as administrator.

John

Thanks, but I believe you may have misread my post - I'm not trying to, "....run the patch". I have already, successfully, installed MANY patches to my original TS 2010. Right now I'm attempting to UNINSTALL the application.

JCitron
November 22nd, 2013, 11:29 PM
I sure did. Just like what happened with another post. I had some interruptions as I was posting. My 2-year old nephew came into my room and was touching things, which put my mind elsewhere as I typed!

The uninstaller is broken. This happens due to the subsequent patches and is actually a bug in Windows that causes that problem. What we suggest you do is delete the Trainz install using Windows Explorer then run a Registry and short-cut cleaning utility such as CC-Cleaner to remove the bits.

John

shaneturner12
November 23rd, 2013, 03:29 AM
I would suggest using a third-party uninstall utility like Revo, as there is data in places other than the Trainz install folder and the Registry (and it's usually a cleaner job, too).

Shane

KingConrail76
November 23rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Or, if you know your computer, you can manually uninstall all the bits and pieces yourself...even the Registry.

-If you are NOT familier with Windows systems and file/folder structure, or more importantly, Registry structure, I do not recommend this method.
--If you ARE familier...it is much less hassle than installing more third party software to do it for you.

JCitron
November 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Or, if you know your computer, you can manually uninstall all the bits and pieces yourself...even the Registry.

-If you are NOT familier with Windows systems and file/folder structure, or more importantly, Registry structure, I do not recommend this method.
--If you ARE familier...it is much less hassle than installing more third party software to do it for you.

I recommended the first way because the unknown user ability. It's best to err on the safe side with the registry and other system files.

Advanced System Care, AVG PC-Tune Up, even CC-Cleaner can uninstall and clean up stuff pretty well. Revo was something I forgot about because I haven't used that one in a decade.

John