PDA

View Full Version : Changing directions

DESDICHATO
November 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone if it's possible to change the direction of a route, I am wanting to extend one of the Crewe routes which are orientated roughly North South, I wish to merge some other aspects of a route that runs East West into the Crewe route?????

Thanks

davidbird
November 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Nobody has replied to this yet, so here goes.

The short answer is No.

The long answer is yes, but very fiddly to do, and a lot of work to tidy up afterwards.

Record the shape of the route you want to rotate. Probably the easiest way is to take a screenshot of the minimap view.

Using Surveyor tools>Add board extend your route to re-create the shape of the original, but rotated. You should now have a L-shaped route, one arm populated with track, buildings, textures, etc, the other arm blank.

Copy each 720x720 board individually and paste it to the appropriate location on the blank arm, remember to set the "compass" to W or E as needed.

Join up tracks, roads, fences or other splinters that were split across edges of each board.

Delete all the original boards.

Result one rotated route!

Hopefully that's clear.

I've done a lot of this copyandpasteing (to shift position, not rotate but the idea is the same) and I have made a simple object to make the selection of a single baseboard and copying it into its exact position easier. PM me if you're interested in this.