PDA

View Full Version : fast forward key for trz12????

xcrossi
November 8th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hello:
Did "THEY" change the quick drive fast forward key or did I forget what it was.

xcrossi

nimec
November 8th, 2013, 02:11 AM
You forgot what it was. You need to insert -debug in your trains options file. Cheers

xcrossi
November 8th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Thanks all set
trainzoptions.txt
-debug

shaneturner12
November 8th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Watch out if you use that speedup option. Trainz is not guaranteed to work correctly with the option in use, and you are at greater risk of derailments (even if you have it turned off).

Also, you may get a performance penalty with that option as well.

Shane

xcrossi
November 8th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Watch out if you use that speedup option. Trainz is not guaranteed to work correctly with the option in use, and you are at greater risk of derailments (even if you have it turned off).

Also, you may get a performance penalty with that option as well.

Shane

I have more POWER that I can use.....Yea for me...
Works fine for checking a new route. Never derailed yet. cept when a bridge is missing...

shaneturner12
November 8th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Indeed, but watch out on larger routes with loads of junctions.

Shane

nicky9499
November 8th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Level crossings also don't work properly and AI drivers are more likely to overshoot trackmarks and stations. Still, for testing lengthy sessions it is pretty useful and relatively bug-free.

nimec
November 9th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I think its an essential part of the game especially for the long boring stretches of some routes if you are using DCC mode and diesel locos. I use steam locos and 'in cab' driving so its not so bad. Plenty to keep you awake but even then its still a good tool and Ive never had a derailment using it. As you say its a superb tool for checking new routes. Cheers