PDA

View Full Version : Great Trainz gifts for the Holidayz

cascaderailroad
November 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I just bought myself 2 great Holiday presents, $99 each at Staples, "Torrent" chairs, regularly $170 each ... Honestly they are as soft and comfortable as being back in the womb, sort of like sitting in a huge, well oiled, broken in catchers mitt ... my "Donkey" is very happy now !

Check them out before Saturday is over ... Your "Donkey" will agree !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYnLpuNQydo

Ease of assembly: HARD ... takes 1 hour without a drill attached to the hex driver ... assembly direction sequence is wrong ... a YouTube video shows how to correctly assemble them.

JCitron
November 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks! I'll have to check them out. My current chair goes sploosh, sploosh, sploosh as it inches its way down from its adjusted height. It was a $99 chair marked down to $30 at Staples. Now I know why it was marked down!

John

pcas1986
November 7th, 2013, 07:14 PM
... assembly direction sequence is wrong ...

Every time I read one of those "Attach part A to part B" instructions it makes me cringe. At the end of it I usually think it would have been easier if I had tossed the instructions and just used common sense.

Getting one of those chairs wouldn't be very cheap if I have to travel 12,000 miles to get one.

Vern
November 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Seems to be a US item only, nothing to directly compare on the UK Staples site though they do have some nice looking chairs. (And of course more expensive, too). The part I struggle to get to work on self assembly office chairs is the height and recline controls.

sparky15
November 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I use a laptop and recliner that equals a single bed when opened up.
If you're going to laze, over achieve.