PDA

View Full Version : New member here (kinda)

xKingNothingx
October 29th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Howdy folks! I just picked up TS12 from BundleStars with a bunch of other simulator games (including Murchison 2). I'm a very avid train simulator enthusiast coming over from Railsimulator (aka Trainsimulator 2014) that I've been playing the last couple years, 350hrs logged on Steam. I'm not here to badmouth any company, just a little tired of their crap and constant price gouging so here I am. While not as pretty as the other game, this one runs a lot smoother and seems a lot more user friendly when it comes to creating your own routes.

I've previously owned TS2004 and TS2006 back in the day, but I couldn't remember my account information so this is my new one. I'm pretty familiar with the DLS and FCT's and all that jazz. My only problem is finding 3rd party content.

I'm a huge fan of famous real life routes, so I'm searching for a little help from some veterans. Some of my favorite routes to drive on the 'other' game were Donners Pass, Marias Pass, Sherman Hill, Cajon Pass, Horseshoe Curve, and NEC (which I see is included in this game). Can someone point me in the direction for some good real life content?

Oh and before I forget, I seem to have trouble finding ProTrainz AC44 pack. I have downloaded some reskins along with the P42 from http://protrainz.com/download.htm but all the models are invisible ingame. Content Manager says 1 broken dependancy "Faulty: AC44 SP int" KUID 52779:55018 and also for my NS Dash9's I'm looking for KUID 52779:55023

Hope I'll be around a while, it seems like a pretty great game :cool:

mezzoprezzo
October 29th, 2013, 01:27 PM
~snip~ I've previously owned TS2004 and TS2006 back in the day, but I couldn't remember my account information ~snip~

Welcome back!

Out of interest, what was your Forum name back in the day?

xKingNothingx
October 29th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome back!

Out of interest, what was your Forum name back in the day?ha, I couldn't even tell ya. I'm 30 now so I would have been 21-23y/o. I may not have even known about forums back then