PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help! Reset achievement status by power shut off on??

Engineerkenny
October 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
so the other day an electrician came over to look at a wire and had to shut off the power so my dad warned me to shut trainz down. Next as trainz was exiting the power shuts off and I thought "well at the worst like any other time we lose power I will just do a database update" but then instead after rebooting the computer it said when opening trainz and hitting start it said I had to re enter my account password and the key number from the back of the manual. but of course that goes missing and all I could find was the manual for railroad simulator powered by TRS12 because I got two trs12's except the one that I am using Is called TRS12 so then after that I ended up putting in the key code from Railroad sim powered by TRS12. but now I checked my achievements and it thinks I'm a trainee but I am not! I was way above that at least close to pro but now all my statuses reset:confused: any way I can get my states back to normal without taking a year to regain the status of my train driving? please respond if anyone can ask if they know a way.

frogpipe
October 28th, 2013, 05:41 PM
You can find your serial number here

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

Scroll down. I have no idea what statuses you are talking about, but I'd expect they were/are stored on YOUR computer, so you might still need to do a database repair.

Engineerkenny
October 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM
you know like if you are a pro train driver in dcc mode or you've made a certain amount of switch moves

ZecMurphy
October 28th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Good Morning Engineerkenny
It sounds like something may have become corrupted in your Trainz installation's database due to the power going off, especially if the serial number/etc have been lost as well. If the achievements have been reset, then there is no way to 'restore' them, as the data for these has likely become corrupted.

Please keep in mind that, at this time, there are no actual advantages gained through the achievements system on the PC versions of Trainz at this time.

Regards

Engineerkenny
October 28th, 2013, 07:57 PM
ok then thanks its just odd because when I lost power from hurricane sandy I did not have to re enter everything and have this problem the only thing that I had to do was do a database update that took an hour