PDA

View Full Version : Well I almost made it!

rickf77
September 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I installed the Sherman Hill route, and then went looking for the missing items, updated some items, found the replacements for others, got the missing assets for some rolling stock, etc. I sure learned a lot about kuid hunting! I was going to come on here today and tell other rookies you can find all the missing items yourself, if you really put your mind to it. But....I'm having a devil of a time with this one;
<kuid:57230:100298> . It's the only one missing. It's found in 2 sessions, the first in the list of assets. The sessions are called "The Heavy Metal Job" and, "The Ballast Turn". The sessions do not show up in suryevor. The closest I came to finding them was a mention of them in a post. There was no info on where to find it, and I really didn't understand what the post was saying. I have found other "57230" kuids, but not who the author is. I've never downloaded and installed a session before, so maybe I'm not doing something right.

I see it in the config as a "map-kuid". Can some one school me on this?

Thanks guys, cheers....Rick

flyboy559
September 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Did you get all the dependency packs to go with the route? According to my Content Manager <kuid:57230:100298> is the KUID for the route itself.

Ricke82
September 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
kuid:57230:100298 is the route itself, Sherman Hill version 2.0. I think you probably have the 2.1 version of the route installed (kuid:57230:101000). Version 2.0 is still available from TranzItalia.

rickf77
September 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Hey Fly; Yes, I'm pretty sure I got everything. It took me about 8 hours or so to hunt down stuff and repair stuff.

The post I read did mention the same as you said, "<kuid:57230:100298> is the KUID for the route itself." I'm not at all sure what that means. I know what it says, but "Sherman Hill vers2_1" shows as "kuid:57230:101000".

On a side note, I finally opened my eyes enough to see that jango is the author.

I wonder if replacing the first kuid with the "101000" in the config files of the sessions will make them show up in surveyor? I'll give that a shot.

This, I'm sure is the very last problem. I've made sure everything is OK. Nothing else at all (as far as I can see) is missing or broken.

Thanks fly, let me know if you have any more ideas! Hmm....I suppose I could also swap out the kuid in the route and see what happens. I'll let ya know what happens.
Cheers....Rick

Hey Rick, man I type real slow, I just saw your post. What do you think of the swapping kuids idea?

Cheers again.....Rick

rickf77
September 12th, 2013, 02:56 PM
There we go! that was not so hard! I swapped the kuids in "The Ballast Turn" and it's in surveyor. I just needed a little boot in the bum (or head)! Thanks fellas!

Cheers.....Rick

danny5
September 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
rick I find that if I can't find a route I check the Filter OPEN FOR EDIT. A lot of times it whined up there UN committed.

Ricke82
September 12th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Hey Rick, man I type real slow, I just saw your post. What do you think of the swapping kuids idea?

Cheers again.....Rick

If it works, that's great. I just don't know if version 2.1 changed enough to mess up the 2.0 sessions or not.

Pendolino
September 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Hello,

the two sessions "The Ballast Turn" and "The Heavy Metal Job" will only work on the Sherman Hill v2.0, <kuid:57230:100298>.

Unfortunately, they will NOT work properly on the "Sherman Hill vers2_1","kuid:57230:101000".

The v2.0 lacked many signals and trackside objects, which were wiped out when the original track was replaced using "Replace Assets". As a consequence, I was forced to add them at session level to have the session work properly. Since all the missing signals were added at route level in v2.1, you will now find several duplicate signals.

The "Heavy Metal Job" can be used in v2.1 by replacing the map kuid in the config file of the session and works more or less as intended, but you will see two closely spaced dwarf signals at Puma Steel and two closely spaced signals when exiting the balloon track. An updated version of this session, compatible with TS12+SP1, is currently at beta testing stage and shall be released soon.

The "Ballast Turn", unfortunately does not work at all: the changes made in v2.1 included the removal/renaming of some objects that were used as reference by the session rules. You can arrive at Granite Canyon, but you will be stuck there forever. A heavily modified update is under development: this will use the correct UP ballast hoppers by slave-driver/USLW, and shall not be restricted to built-in content only.

rickf77
September 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Hi Carlo; I spent an hour or so on the grand tour! Boy, that sure looks nice! Then I spent about an hour on each of the sessions. That is more time than I spent in total on all routes, including the driving tutorials... except for my own route. So, it was no surprise to me when I got lost, or stuck! My route is an 85 mile single track, one mixed train a day, out and back. No "ai" trains, one day I switch the yards, another day drop off/pick up cars at local industries at either end of the route, or make the daily trip to the end of the line, serving the industries along the way. No signals, no other trains. Hee, hee, not something most would enjoy! You'll never get lost!

What I was hoping to do was use my CNR steam locos and rolling stock on your route. Not right away. I still have lots to learn. So, those sessions, although they are real nice, are not too important to me. For what I want to do, would you suggest the first or second version, or forget about it? Thanks for the great job, it's an amazing piece of work!

Thanks to all! If nothing else, I sure learned a lot about finding and fixing stuff! Also, I got to see some real pretty country!

Cheers...Rick