PDA

View Full Version : patcher deletes game

Ernest2d6
September 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Well I took the plunge. turn off the AV and FW. went into options and use the patcher to update TS12. get up in the morning and the game is deleted. LOL I'm done.

oknotsen
September 3rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Wild guess: You forgot to make a backup?

Doubt the game is completely deleted. Then more has happened then just running the patch.

shaneturner12
September 3rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
I also doubt that the patch deleted the game. It's more likely that the shortcut vanished. Check what files are in the Trainz installation folder.

Shane

Scottbe8
September 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Computer Literacy Scale:

1 - Little to no skills or knowledge on the operations of a computer. Is comfortable only with point-and-click systems and the most intuitive graphic user interfaces.
2 - Minimal skills or knowledge. Can do some basic file manipulations and is comfortable with WYSIWYG editors.
3 - Is completely comfortable with many keyboard shortcuts in the OS. Can perform advanced file manipulations.
4 - Can use keyboard shortcuts in most programs, and has some experience with a coding or markup language. Able to perform file operations in a command prompt.
5 - Can change advanced system settings to improve the function of the machine or software without detrimental effect. Fluent in computer lexicon and can code in two or three languages.
6 - Pretty much wrote an operating system or major software package and works tirelessly every day to provide other users with an enhanced computing experience.

Trainz requires a computer competency level somewhere between a 4 and a 5. You need to know where your software is installed, how the software directory is organized, and what computer settings allow for optimal installation and execution conditions.