PDA

View Full Version : Skipton/Carlisle: Why can't you edit route?

Leo1704
July 26th, 2013, 03:04 AM
I recently brought my Trainz12 up to date with the latest patch. It downloaded the Skipton/Carlisle route for me automatically it seems. However, I can't edit that route and I would love to do so. How come? Is there anyway I can edit that route? What am I doing wrong? I love this route so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Leo.

shaneturner12
July 26th, 2013, 03:08 AM
You're not doing anything wrong. Payware DLC content cannot be edited in TS12 SP1 under normal circumstances.

Shane

BLACKWATCH
July 26th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Don't have TS12 but if it's the same as 2010, clone the route, name the clone something like 'My Skipton/Carlisle' & edit the clone.

Leo1704
July 26th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Yes, that is what I was able to do with that route prior to TS12 SP1. But this can't be done now. The system prevents you: when you try to change and resave under a new name, it simply won't let you.

johnwhelan
July 26th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Yes, that is what I was able to do with that route prior to TS12 SP1. But this can't be done now. The system prevents you: when you try to change and resave under a new name, it simply won't let you.

It does sound like N3V are painting themselves into a corner by doing this.

Cheerio John

dnevans8
July 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM

If you still have TS2010 available do as Blackwatch suggests in TS2010. Then from CM save the newly created route to a CDP, then import it into TS12, you now have your own version in TS12 which you can modify as much as you want.

H222
July 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
It's so it can be used for multiplayer. It's also annoying. It should be allowed to be cloned and edited

Jamie

Leo1704
July 26th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Sounds like a very good idea. I have pre SP1 on my other computer, so I will save to CDP. save to external hard drive, and then import. Thanks for the tip. I will let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Leo1704
July 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Just a note to say thanks to you all for your help. It worked. Of course, I very simply solution, but in the heat of disappointment and battle, the simple solutions which stare you in the face don't come to you. Thanks again!