PDA

View Full Version : Download Limit

alantaylor61
July 21st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Download cant continue as I have exceeded my 100MB of download I have A FCT and its paid for so do we get any extra days for not being able to use it. Pity we cant shut down our credit cards and ask for a refund

jameswiggin
July 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
I'm not gonna complain but I was surprised when I purchased this 2 weeks ago and seen how fast the downloads are from the DLS without a Pass. 5-8 kb/second. Havent seen that in over 10 years since 56k modems. lol

shaneturner12
July 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
There are server problems cropping up daily at the moment. What I'd advise is to do a quick database repair and see if that sorts it.

Shane

nicky9499
July 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
The whole point of screwing up the download is to "encourage" the user to buy an FCT. Nothing out of the ordinary here so, moving on...

Alan, have you activated your FCT here? https://www.auran.com/planetauran/AT_display_tickets.php

Once activated, do the following:
Change your Planet Auran password to a temporary one. Log out.
Ensure that Trainz and CMP are not running.

Your FCT should now work nicely. A QDR is not necessary.

shaneturner12
July 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
Actually, a QDR may be necessary if the ticket has already been activated, as it clears out some cached data that can affect the connection.

Shane

SharkNose
July 21st, 2013, 03:45 PM
I am having the same problem. I cleared the Download window, re-entered my username and password, did a QDR and shut down and started up again: 100 MB Limit Exceeded!

I am a lifetime FCT holder! :(

lockheed02
July 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM
seems to be a general issue not only affecting you. I have the same issue with my ticket freshly activated earlier today (where I already got more then 100MB). I guess we just need to wait till it is fixed. In-game chat seems to be affected as well - at least it never connects anymore for me
Lockheed

shaneturner12
July 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
There is a daily problem with the servers at the moment caused by an unknown reason.

Shane

P.S. lockheed02 - welcome to the forums.

clam1952
July 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
From observations made re another problem in Content Manager that some of us are experiencing, it appears the Internet Cache , Userdata\Cache\Internet, isn't getting purged. Suggest maybe shut Trainz and if that folder is full up, delete the contents, it may just help.

lockheed02
July 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
"Daily Problem" ^_^ I love that phrase.

Lockheed
PS: Thank you

Zeldaboy14
July 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM
Well, since i got trainz 2012, i've been having issues as well with the CMP, and some downloads just hang for about 2 to 3 hours or even 30 minutes and then try and resume
plz fix this with either another hotfix, or a service pack 2 that can fix all the bugs in sp1 and the 3 hotfixes

nexusdj
July 21st, 2013, 06:04 PM
From observations made re another problem in Content Manager that some of us are experiencing, it appears the Internet Cache , Userdata\Cache\Internet, isn't getting purged. Suggest maybe shut Trainz and if that folder is full up, delete the contents, it may just help.

Thanks for the info , Just checked mine and it had 2,089 items listed since 22/6/13 at a total of 1.25 Gigs !!

Cleared it out after a shutdown of CMP but CMP still telling me I've hit my 100mb download quota (I have FCT valid until next year) .

Downloaded a French route earlier on this evening and I've managed for once to find all 100+ external third party kuids , Now I'm missing 9 all on the DLS .... Usually the other way around :(

Zeldaboy14
July 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Here's another way to speed up your downloads in the content manager. Close out of trainz and content manager if that's open. Clear out your temporary files. then log off windows. then switch to classic mode, and it speeds it up, and it won't try and stop the download. and also, clear out the internet cache like clam1952 said. Also, it might still hang, but it will download some things faster and better.