PDA

View Full Version : A question about the JR reskin kits

conrailfan1999
July 6th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Sorry, this may be a dumb question but..... Can you release your reskins from these skin kits to the Public? Thanks!

shaneturner12
July 6th, 2013, 07:43 AM
If I remember correctly, that question was asked previously.

I believe that JR's permission would be needed to release any such content (if they permit it at all).

Shane

slabay
July 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM
If I remember correctly, that question was asked previously.

I believe that JR's permission would be needed to release any such content (if they permit it at all).

Shane

What Shane said, but basically the short answer is "no". I made a bunch of boxcars and gondolas and made several requests to release them, but never got any replies. The only reskin kits of theirs that can be used freely are for the F7 locomotives.

If you want to reskin stuff, feel free to use my stuff. Dave Snow's stuff is reskinnable, MSGSapper has repaired PRJIndigo's locomotives, which are freely reskinnable too. McHawkman has some reskinnable stuff on his website (http://sufferinpacific.weebly.com/index.html) , but as always, credit the original creator for their work!

If you find something else that strikes your fancy and you want to reskin it, look inside the config at the license: some stuff allows you in the config to reskin it freely. Otherwise, contact the creator- some will allow you to reskin their stuff if you ask them, others will ask to see samples.

conrailfan1999
July 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Can I have my original question answered by a JR member please?

jointedrail
July 9th, 2013, 08:50 AM
made several requests to release them, but never got any replies.

Can ya try that again? ;) mike@jointedrail.com

@Conrailfan some of the reskin kits can be released, pretty sure the tankers and the ACF hoppers are good to reskin. The only thing permission is needed for is any of Joe's rolling stock that has a reskin kit that you would want to release on a 3rd party site or the DLS. Shoot us an email with pics of the skins and we can check em out and get them up somewhere.

Thanks!

Mike

conrailfan1999
July 9th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Can ya try that again? ;) mike@jointedrail.com

@Conrailfan some of the reskin kits can be released, pretty sure the tankers and the ACF hoppers are good to reskin. The only thing permission is needed for is any of Joe's rolling stock that has a reskin kit that you would want to release on a 3rd party site or the DLS. Shoot us an email with pics of the skins and we can check em out and get them up somewhere.

Thanks!

MikeOk thanks mike for the help!!!!! It may another week until the skins are done though.