PDA

View Full Version : Error during TS12 SP1 patch?

epa
June 19th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I have finally decided to update my TS12 to SP1. However, soon after patching started, I got an error that said:

Existing file is damaged and cannot be patched

I can't remember right off what the damaged file is, but it was something in the TETData or TCData folder.

How serious is the situation? Will I be able to retry the patch or will I be forced to reinstall and lose over $100 worth of payware and other items that may not be available anymore?

I am still able to start the game and play as normal.

dej
June 20th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure of anything with the patching but, if you have to reinstall the game to patch it, just copy the userdata folder from the program files. Then save it some where safe and once you've reinstalled the game replace the new userdata folder with the one you've save. This will save all your content. Then do a EDR.

epa
June 20th, 2013, 12:14 AM
I heard that only the items that are open for edit are in UserData. The other non-built in items are in the local folder or something like that. I may be wrong though,

epa
June 20th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Here is the exact error:

Existing file is damaged and cannot be patched: E:\N3V Games\ts12\bin\TETData\lists\smoke-mode.txt

Failed to apply the patch: 49922_to_57720
Patching aborted.

Is there an actual way to fix this or will I never be able to run SP1? Again, the game works fine without it.

dej
June 20th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Like I said, I know nothing about the patch error. but everything you have installed is included in the userdata folder and the local folder is sub folder within the userdata folder

shaneturner12
June 20th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Have a look for posts by ianwoodmore on here, especially ones to do with smoke-mode.txt. I believe he has a post of what should be in that file.

Shane

epa
June 20th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Have a look for posts by ianwoodmore on here, especially ones to do with smoke-mode.txt. I believe he has a post of what should be in that file.

Shane

I have figured it out (I think). My smoke-mode.txt was different, and the updater was being pickier than an uptight woman. I'll try it in the morning. It's 2:15 AM here and I want to run some Trainz and then go to bed.

shaneturner12
June 20th, 2013, 02:16 AM
From what I've gathered, there should be 4 entries...

Shane

epa
June 20th, 2013, 02:30 AM
From what I've gathered, there should be 4 entries...

Shane

I had a lot more than 4 entries in it...

shaneturner12
June 20th, 2013, 02:33 AM
That may indicate a problem then. Your file should only contain:

time
speed
anim
timeofday

(this info is directly from the smoke-mode file on my 49922 version).

Shane