PDA

View Full Version : USLW Coal Hoppers - anybody got em?

frogpipe
June 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Since USLW is AWOL and shows no signs of returning anytime soon, I was wondering if anyone out there might have downloaded their 55 ton (I think they are 55 ton) coal hoppers and might have RETAINED the original Zip or CDP file(s). If so, would anyone be willing to send those files to me.

I don't *think* it's USLW's intention that no one else get these files, but that it's a side effect of their website issues.

I'll apologize now if it's proven that I am incorrect and that I am asking if anyone want to violate any rules or license. And if that's the case, retract the request.

817TAYLOR
June 13th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Contact SimulatorTrain, creator of the originals, I am sure he has all of them

frogpipe
June 13th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Good to know. Thank you.

817TAYLOR
June 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Hey, glad to help

boc61
June 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I really do hope USLW comes back. It seems just about every route I have is missing some of their stuff.

slabay
June 14th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Sad testimony to the non-DLS content argument. I've got quite a bit of stuff I've used in my routes too. Great stuff over there. I hope they get it up & running soon.

817TAYLOR
June 14th, 2013, 10:32 AM
From what I have heard, JointedRail owns USLW and they are rebuilding it, I honestly have no clue, just heard that one floating around

dericm
June 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I am in the same boat of having a lot of content from their site on my routes. Now that they are down, and the content is offline, one cannot download a route of mine without the missing content. Now I must rebuild the route with content on sites that are still alive and active. What ever happened to Grahmsea and his awesome signals? Those were some good stuff too. VMD is another site that some great content would be nice to see added or hosted on with their re-skinnable GP9s.

Dan

JCitron
June 16th, 2013, 10:33 AM
From what I have heard, JointedRail owns USLW and they are rebuilding it, I honestly have no clue, just heard that one floating around

This is true and they've said so themselves. It'll take time and it will be up to the Jointed Rail standard like their own website I'm sure.

John

nicky9499
June 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Just toying with this idea...wouldn't it be great if USLW ended up joining forces with JR? I don't mind monopoly as long as it means more wonderful content for the hobby.

817TAYLOR
June 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
USLW is owned by JR..

yutzk
June 16th, 2013, 12:39 PM
USLW is owned by JR..

The site is at least....we host it all.

Anyways were working on playing with it as we speak here and there. Hopefully in a little bit of time we'll have the content up there that was up there at least but as always its going to take some time.

slabay
June 16th, 2013, 02:29 PM
While I certainly miss the great USLW content and I hope to see it back soon, I certainly hope the rehashed version has better search functionality. Lots of great content there, but it wasn't very easy to find it sometimes.

ulmer94
June 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
USLW seems to be back up! But, it is in the pre-JR layout/style, and without the post-JR downloads (so far, anyways).

EDIT: I hope they keep this old layout, it did/does have a better search function - still not perfect, mind you - but better than what they did when the changed hands.

817TAYLOR
June 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
yes, but downloads do not exist, and it's the original version of USLW

ulmer94
June 16th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Shoot, you're right, I just tried downloading one of Zorronov's Z Funky Roads, and the file doesn't exist. :(

At least the site's up though, that's a step in a good direction.

slabay
June 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Hey, we're getting closer!

yutzk
June 16th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Guys....what part of my message before didnt you guys see. Were working on it.....things arent going to work until we tweak it to where they do.

Patience is key here....

slabay
June 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Guys....what part of my message before didnt you guys see. Were working on it.....things arent going to work until we tweak it to where they do.

Patience is key here....

These threads keep cropping up about once every three or four days- have you thought about putting up a landing page at USLW's home page saying "We're rebuilding the site from the ground up. Thanks for your patience and check back soon!"?