PDA

View Full Version : It can't be all bad....

mjolnir
June 9th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Friends, over the years I've seen complaints more than once about the entity Auran, and I assume, N3V used to host the DLS, and certain other facilities, formerly known as The Planet, and more recently known as Softlayer. I don't know how many of you happened to notice the change in control of Softlayer announced earlier this week: it is being acquired by IBM. See <http://www.thestreet.com/story/11942324/1/the-deal-gi-partners-sells-softlayer-to-ibm.html>.

ns

nicky9499
June 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Well the proof is in the pudding. It can be bought out by the United States government for all I care, if service is still lousy then there is no reason to stick with it. But of late the DLS and forums have been pretty well behaved.

boc61
June 10th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Well the proof is in the pudding. It can be bought out by the United States government for all I care,

No, no, no, NO! We don't want that, ever. Don't even joke about things like that.

rjhowie
June 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
With the latest disgraceful moves by it's government to spy on everyone from telephone calls to the net and plus - and if I lived in the ex-Colonies (!), I would not want the government spying on me through Trainz!

CaptEngland
June 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM
@rjhowie

Okay, Team U.S.A. may be bad in some peoples eye's, but trust me on this, the U.K. government (Of all political parties in power at the time!) are far, far worse.

At the end of the day, there are people in the higher chain of command that DO pull the stings of both governments and joe public. Lets just say I have personal experience of this from some dodgy emails that I was getting due to an forum that I was on, and as soon as I reported these to the MI5 website (that was set up to report dodgy things) the emails stopped :eek:. Now, was this dodgy people, or was it MI5 themselves? (btw, this is just one example).

Regards.
CaptEngland (soon to be one of the disappeared)