PDA

View Full Version : Does Trainz have any broad gauge tracks?

SuperSpeedMaglev
June 8th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Btw, if you haven't heard if it, don't blame you, it switched back to Standard Gauge in 1892.

Because I know about Iron Duke, a WAS broad gauge engine, I was wondering if apart from the normall standard and narrow gauge tracks you see on the game, there were Broad Gauge tracks built in or on the DLS.

Wouldnt it be cool to go back to the 19th(1800s) century and relive the days of the broad gauge?
p

captainkman
June 8th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Look up name '7ft' or 'Baulk' on the DLS to find some 7ft 1/4 gauge tracks. :)

There's a whole set of GWR broad gauge wagons, coaches and locomotives on the DLS too. I think they are by rickysykes.

Kieran.

Edit: There's one broad-gauge route: Turks Castle 1892. I'd be interested in finding more broad gauge routes like it.

SuperSpeedMaglev
June 8th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Thank you Captiankman:) It's nice to know you can relive the olden days on Trainz.(btw, love your videos)

teddytoot
June 8th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Go to Steve Flanders site (http://www.ballynagarrick.net/ing4trainz/index.html) where you will find what you want.

captainkman
June 8th, 2013, 04:30 AM
SuperSpeedMaglev,

You'are welcome, and thank you for watching my videos!

Kieran.

bendorsey
June 8th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I made a series of broad gauge arch bridges and several small broad gauge turntables. They are 2004 format but should go into newer versions with little to no problems.

Ben

johnwhelan
June 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Btw, if you haven't heard if it, don't blame you, it switched back to Standard Gauge in 1892.

Because I know about Iron Duke, a WAS broad gauge engine, I was wondering if apart from the normall standard and narrow gauge tracks you see on the game, there were Broad Gauge tracks built in or on the DLS.

Wouldnt it be cool to go back to the 19th(1800s) century and relive the days of the broad gauge?
p

The Broad Gauge Society has a fairly large number of plans that have been created in Trainz, some are under my kuid, Steve Flanders did a number, Ricky has also done one or two. Teddytoot's link is a good place to start. I think Turks castle 1892 was the only route converted but you can always replace the track with broad gauge track.

Cheerio John

Pencil42
June 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
In addition to that, the 'TSM' track on the DLS is 5' gauge.

teddytoot
June 10th, 2013, 03:29 AM
I think he is actually looking for Brunel's 7ft gauge stuff.

SuperSpeedMaglev
January 25th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Hello! It's me again, just thought I'd post on this forum to say, I've really realized the potential of the GWR Broad Gauge. It's quite interesting to see how it all looked and worked and such..

Btw, I feel guilty to say I did never check out the Bridges and such by you Bendorsey until today.. :hehe:

How time flies!

martinvk
January 25th, 2016, 02:14 PM
The new procedural track might make this easier since the gauge is specified in the config files instead of being set in the mesh.

bendorsey
January 25th, 2016, 04:55 PM
That's ok - ya never want to rush into things.:hehe:

I think I made a few (non-arch) broad gauge bridges too but its been quite a while so don't remember for certain. In any event if'n ya need one give me a shout.

Ben

EDIT ( a few minutes later).
I looked. No non-arch bridges but I made:
45 broad gauge arch bridges.
14 broad gauge turntables.
5 broad gauge tunnels.

SuperSpeedMaglev
January 25th, 2016, 05:56 PM
In addition to that, the 'TSM' track on the DLS is 5' gauge.
Bit late to say but thanks! This may come in handy.
Oopsy again.. If a train was this delayed the company would go bankrupt.. :hehe: