PDA

View Full Version : Malware alert!

bl4882
June 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I discovered this morning that my computer has been invaded by some form of malware or adware. (This message is being posted with a completely separate and independent machine owned by a friend of mine.) This malware is using my machine to send links out. These are not generated by me. If anyone receives anything purporting to be from me, ignore it and get rid of it until further notice.

I have made arrangements to have my computer thoroughly cleaned today. When I get it back I will supply information on whatever this is.

I apologize to all for this.

Bernie

cascaderailroad
June 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I regularly clean out my PC with a 387mph leaf blower, to get rid of all the nasties !

davesnow
June 6th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Use msert. http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

It's never let me down. Set it to do a through scan right before you go to beddy bye. It'll clean your machine wonderfully and it's free.

Best of luck,

dave

CaptEngland
June 6th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Beware of websites that show lovely young ladies in no clothes.

You do tend to get nasty things from unclean ladies and sites ;).

Regards. :hehe:
CaptEngland

4ndylloyd
June 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM

Regards. :hehe:
CaptEngland

....and do you speak from experience ??? :o

Andy

CRQ4125
June 6th, 2013, 02:56 PM

Andy

Don't act like you haven't done it

CaptEngland
June 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM

Andy

On both accounts, my boy. (in my younger days, ;) ).

Regards.
CaptEngland :eek:

bendorsey
June 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM
The problem with naked ladies is you can't live with them and you can't live without them, lol.

Ben

4ndylloyd
June 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
On both accounts, my boy. (in my younger days, ;) ).

Regards.
CaptEngland :eek:

and why not ? Don't forget that you are only as old as you feel :p

4ndylloyd
June 6th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Don't act like you haven't done it

They say that a mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it. Lets just say that I have learned quite a bit during my life :eek:

bl4882
June 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my computer has been thoroughly checked and cleaned. There was no virus or malware. Some bozo hacked into my email and used it to send out stuff, as those of you who have received it know, and and the professionals say it was apparently a one shot deal. But it looks as if there was nothing that could have been spread.

Again, my apologies.

Bernie

klambert
June 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM

Regards.
CaptEngland

You can get some pretty decent stuff on dailymotion, wink, wink, nudge, nudge and avoid the need to go on 'those' sites.

Reminds me of this song:

http://youtu.be/zvfD5rnkTws

JCitron
June 9th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Thank you, Bernie for taking care of this. :D

Naughty bits can be nasty. :D

John

rebel57
June 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my computer has been thoroughly checked and cleaned. There was no virus or malware. Some bozo hacked into my email and used it to send out stuff, as those of you who have received it know, and and the professionals say it was apparently a one shot deal. But it looks as if there was nothing that could have been spread.

Again, my apologies.

Bernie

Hi Bernie,You should change your password on your email, Best long password and number.
I had someone hack my email contact so I change it right away !!!!!
stupid bozo hang the rope for that hack!!!:D

John

bl4882
June 9th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks Rebel, I have become a believer, and a fanatic. I killed my browser and gone to a new one, and will be changing my passwords on a regular basis, especially on my email, done some other things, and have others in mind. If this should happen again, and I hope it won't, it won't be because I was complacent. I've become as fanatic about security as an ex-smoker. :hehe:

Bernie

Robert2d6
June 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM
The only way you can 100% sure that your PC is clean when you have Malware is to format the HD and reinstall windows.

airtime
June 10th, 2013, 05:46 AM

Again, my apologies.

Bernie

Hi Bernie, sorry to read about your email being hacked,

To prevent this in future, create a new contact in your contact list, and name them aaaa@aaaa.aaaa, what will happen is, if you receive a worm, the first contact will be aaaa@aaaa.aaaa, it will continue to try and contact this person, this will in turn protect everyone in your contact list, as the worm cannot move down your contact list until the first message has been received.

The worm will be too interested in trying to contact aaaa@aaaa.aaaa, and because of this, it will continually fail to contact this person, you will then get notifications in your inbox, stating failed message sent, you will then know there is a worm or hacker in your system.

Hope the above information helps.

Joe Airtime

boc61
June 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
That is a great idea.

boc61
June 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Use msert. http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

It's never let me down. Set it to do a through scan right before you go to beddy bye. It'll clean your machine wonderfully and it's free.

Best of luck,

dave

Yep. I use it along with MS Security essentials and the regular Windows firewall. Never had any problems.

bl4882
June 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Airtime,

Sounds like a great idea. I like the way you think. :D

Bernie