PDA

View Full Version : Merge = Red!

Firemanflyn
May 25th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Needed to relocate '4' boards to another part of the map. Had attempted the transfer using the 'copy&paste' method but unsuccessful. Prior to carrying out the 'merge' proceedure I ran a trial merge, 4 boards as the main map and 1 board as the merge subject, no problemo's. After completing that exercise I set about deleting all but the four board's that I required for the 'merge' manouvre. Although following the 'Shane Turner' method for the merge, I followed advice from another quarter as to the deleting of all but the required amount of board's for the merge , I assume that proceedure was correct (!?). I then set about to make the transfer or merge. Though had only gotten as far as step 2 which was hitting the tick button after the merge tab in Surveyor. Upon hitting the tick, found that the compass had migrated to an entirely different part of the map. Using Mini Map found that at a distance of around 10-12 board's from the compass bearing. That an area of '4' board's was found on the map which were shaded in Red!!. From what I could gather reading Shanes merge direction's this state of redness being present was not a good omen!. However further explanation by ST was not provided as to how to one might remedy the situation and complete the merge successfully. Can anyone who has knowledge on, or encountered this problem trying to perform a merge. Please let me know what ( if any ) step's need to be taken to remedy the situation.

R701Rusty
May 26th, 2013, 10:58 PM
G'day there,
It is quite possible that you have missed or didn't know about the functions of the two sets of four arrows that appear near the red area of your merged maps? One set moves the original map and one moves the merging map which you need to do until each map joins to the other along a common edge. Otherwise the red area shows that the smaller map is sitting over the top of the larger map. Not having read Shane"s tutorial I cannot say whether he has included this advice in his instructions and hope that this will help you succeed in what you are doing?

Cheers
Russell.

JCitron
May 27th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Hi Ross,

Russell summed it up nicely, but I'll add that the merging boards will turn red if they overlap which is the problem you are having.

John