PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 errors fixed. Why are built in locos faulty

Falken442
May 17th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I tried to change the enginesound on the UP GP60, which is a built in loco to TS Mac and when I comitted it, it became faulty with 2 texture errors. Here are the errors:
Texture 'mesh_body/blackunderframe.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body/mesh_body.im'.

Texture 'mesh_body/main1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body/mesh_body.im'.

Why has N3V or Auran put in faulty locos?

-Eno

ryanstrains
May 17th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Often when you edit built in objects like that, errors will come up, so it would be best not to change things on built in things.

frogpipe
May 17th, 2013, 11:24 PM
They didn't you need to run PEVsoft's Image2Tga to de-compile those textures.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/villaump/pevsoft.htm

xcrossi
May 17th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Hello Falken442

Ok here is what you do. Run main1.texture (TEXTURE) and blackunderframe.texture (TEXTURE) thru PEV's images2TGA.bat.
It will convert the TEXTURE Files to TGA and should clear errors.

You will have 2 warnings the loco will still work

I just did it!

Gerry
When you open built-in and then commit most if not all will show warnings and errors.
PS: I don't give advice or fix- its unless Iv done it myself.

rweber95
May 17th, 2013, 11:38 PM
He's on a MAC and PEV's software is incompatible. You might try doing the enginesound change using CCP.

Bob Weber

pdkoester
May 18th, 2013, 12:42 AM
I tried to change the enginesound on the UP GP60, which is a built in loco to TS Mac and when I comitted it, it became faulty with 2 texture errors. Here are the errors:
Texture 'mesh_body/blackunderframe.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body/mesh_body.im'.

Texture 'mesh_body/main1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body/mesh_body.im'.

Why has N3V or Auran put in faulty locos?

-Eno

You should always CLONE an asset if you want to modify it.

frogpipe
May 18th, 2013, 01:04 AM
He's on a MAC and PEV's software is incompatible. You might try doing the enginesound change using CCP.

Bob Weber

Using CCP won't matter, for some reason you can't re-commit a .texture file, each texture has to be a .tga / texture.txt pair.

I just did it!

Gerry
When you open built-in and then commit most if not all will show warnings and errors.
PS: I don't give advice or fix- its unless Iv done it myself.

Given the MAC issue, perhaps you can ship him the texture.txt and tga files? Not sure of the legal/moral ins and outs of that.

You should always CLONE an asset if you want to modify it.

VERY TRUE - even though built ins can be "Reverted to original", I'm not sure I'd trust the system that far. On the other hand, if the original is spec'd in a session or consist, making a clone won't change the asset that gets loaded with them....

xcrossi
May 18th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Well maybe he has a friend with a PC :hehe: