PDA

View Full Version : ES44 Cab

dean3779
May 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry if this has been already asked and answered. But is there a way to configure the ES44 to use the dash9 cab maybe. Or is there a ES44 cab in the works. I tried to use the bnsf dash9 cab and shell for the ES44 but all I got was the computer screens and gauges but no shell...so I am guessing no. Just wondering if I may have missed something, Thanks in advance, Bill

Bluewater
May 11th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Yes, there is a way, however it requires editing the config file and not in CCP. Since I'm headed to bed, I can't go into details, but I can post again tomorrow morning.
NOTE: JR doesn't recommend that you do this, citing problems that others have faced in the past. If you DO do this, be sure you have a clone of the asset ready to stand in for the model.

--Bluewater, The Conrail Guru :cool:

dean3779
May 11th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Thank you for the heads up...just kind of a drag to look out the window of my shinny new BNSF unit and see that awful yellow of UP lmao...thanks for the help. Bill

opus722
May 11th, 2013, 10:22 PM
GEVO cabs don't really resemble Dash 9 cabs at all. You could maybe fake it with an NS cab, but those aren't here yet and you'd really be pushing it anyways. I do have a question though: would it be possible for a third party to make a cab for a JR locomotive without breaking it?

cweis127
May 12th, 2013, 01:10 AM
GEVO cabs don't really resemble Dash 9 cabs at all. You could maybe fake it with an NS cab, but those aren't here yet and you'd really be pushing it anyways. I do have a question though: would it be possible for a third party to make a cab for a JR locomotive without breaking it?

If you have the money, or the talent, turbosquid has some cab meshes for sale

conrailfan1999
May 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Or someone could just maybe edit sporbusts cabs to the right height and change a few things to make a gevo cab. It takes a long time to a make a custom cab to the quality that JR does.