PDA

View Full Version : No sound in surveyor?

frogpipe
April 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM
I noted today that there is no sound in surveyor.

If that's a bug, I hope it gets fixed, but if it was a deliberate decision I have to raise my voice in dissent.

I was (just before SP1) setting up semaphore sounds and it was made much easier by placing a length of track, a few signals, a locomotive facing them, and then moving a boxcar around and listening to/watching the semaphores to see how it was all working.

I've already finsihed, but as it is, I can't ever do it that way again. :(

Rail4Pete
April 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Same for me. Today I installed TS2012 SP1 + SP1 hotfix and get no sound in surveyor too. It is certainly not a deliberate decision as we have to place some ...''asset that are sounds''. And we can turn the volume off if we dont want to hear it so that must be a bug. Hope to hear from N3V on that.

Rail4Pete

EDIT: It seems to be intermittent, when I loaded my route this morning it worked, so I saved,closed then reopened and it did not work.

HiBaller
April 18th, 2013, 09:07 PM
The sound I get is only from one speaker - and it is kind of 'choppy'. Media Player works just fine so it has to be the game.

Bill

nawlins
April 19th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Yes. it's the game. I get occasional bursts of sound but mostly the bird and cow sounds don't work in Surveyor although in Driver they can be heard all over the map. They used to be localized. Also loco sounds don't work in Surveyor.
This along with sporadic spline saving and game crashing when using copy and paste has done me in. I'm going back to TS12 49922. To hell with this. If they'd wanted beta testers they should have asked for volunteers.

JEB114
April 19th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I have reported it. when in surveyor open options and adjust the sound level. click the ok button and it returns. it seems you have to do it every time in surveyor until they fix it.

Rail4Pete
April 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I have reported it. when in surveyor open options and adjust the sound level. click the ok button and it returns. it seems you have to do it every time in surveyor until they fix it.
Thanks for the tip till the fix.
Rail4Pete