PDA

View Full Version : Help With Art Icon Error

GN1996
April 11th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Hello,

I am trying to upload a reskin of an asset (yes, I have obtained permission) by majekear. I get the following error message from the uploader:

"<kuid:653172:101201> : Image file '50ftboxcar_art/50ftboxcar_art_icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file."

I am not quite sure how to fix this and any help given is greatly appreciated. I don't know if this pertains to it, but I do NOT have SP1.
Thanks in advance.

Dinorius_Redundicus
April 12th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Sounds like one you should e-mail the creator about...better he fix and re-issue it rather than make every downloader do it independently. Sometimes creators actually appreciate the error spotting.

p-dehnert
April 12th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Probably you are using the tga file in config.txt as a thumbnail. If this is the case, delete file 50ftboxcar_art_icon.texture.txt in the folder 50ftboxcar_art .

Peter

pw3r
April 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hello,

I am trying to upload a reskin of an asset (yes, I have obtained permission) by majekear. I get the following error message from the uploader:

"<kuid:653172:101201> : Image file '50ftboxcar_art/50ftboxcar_art_icon.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file."

I am not quite sure how to fix this and any help given is greatly appreciated. I don't know if this pertains to it, but I do NOT have SP1.
Thanks in advance.

The problem here is that when the asset is committed the raw image file (the .tga file) will be compressed (to a .texture) and then deleted. When you open the asset for editing the texture is decompressed and a new raw image file created so it can be edited. What this means is that referencing the raw image will not work, because it's not there when the game needs it.

The fix is to simply stop referencing the raw image, and reference the .texture instead.

Terry Palmer
Programmer
N3V Games

GN1996
April 12th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I will upload the new CDP and see if it makes it through the bot.

GN1996
April 13th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Alright! I did it right and the asset is on the DLS. For those of you who are curious, it is called "50ftboxcar MRL DD". Again, thanks for the help with getting this sorted out. If it is deemed necessary, feel free to close this thread.