PDA

View Full Version : Turntable with sound and C-41 Whistle

mikebwolf123
April 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if there are any turntables with sound for TS2010. Since TRS2004, Auran disabled the sound the turntable makes when it moves. (This feature was last used in Trainz UTC.) Also, what's wrong with the built in D&RGW C-41 steam whistle? In Railyard in TRS2004, it has a full whistle blast, but holding down the horn key doesn't play the entire sound file, even in TS2010. Thanks in advance.

captainkman
April 3rd, 2013, 02:52 PM
I can answer the second question:

The sound files for the Railyard horn and the Driver horn are sometimes different. You will see inside if you open it for edit (not recommended) that there are 3 files. horn.wav is the Railyard one. horn_start is the start of the Driver whistle and horn_loop is the part that loops it.

horn.wav is optional in a two-part hornsound.

mikebwolf123
April 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
I can answer the second question:

The sound files for the Railyard horn and the Driver horn are sometimes different. You will see inside if you open it for edit (not recommended) that there are 3 files. horn.wav is the Railyard one. horn_start is the start of the Driver whistle and horn_loop is the part that loops it.

horn.wav is optional in a two-part hornsound.
Strangely, the default horn sound (used on locos such as the ATSF SD40-2, BN SD40-2, etc...) has a sound file called horn_end, but I never hear that part of it in Railyard or Driver. In fact, that part of the hornsound hasn't seemed to work since UTC. :confused:

captainkman
April 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
That's because it was not supported past UTC, as the horn system was changed to allow looping horns in TRS2004+.

mikebwolf123
April 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Still, why would horn_end be in TS2010 if it doesn't even work? I think it was a bad idea for Auran to also remove the turntable sound for the default turntables. The one used in UTC wasn't the best in the world, but it got the job done.

boomer_aus_00
April 4th, 2013, 07:36 PM
well i'm only guessing here but if you want a sound in to a turntable i guess ya can't add it in somewhere in the config.txt as i said i'm only guessing :)

mikebwolf123
April 4th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I wish I knew the answer. Does anyone know of any USA turntables with sound? Or has this feature been forever removed from Trainz since UTC?

boomer_aus_00
April 5th, 2013, 05:18 AM
well i'm only guessing here but if you want a sound in to a turntable i guess ya can't add it in somewhere in the config.txt as i said i'm only guessing :)

****Can**** sorry for my typo

& it comes down to the person that make the object.
I don't see why not it can't be added to it If you was makking it yourself.
If it's been done in the past then it can still be done as far as i know.