PDA

View Full Version : Trying My Hand At Reskinnig But I Need Some Help

dej
March 31st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm Trying My Hand at reskinning some locos for personal use. Just for a first attempt I wanna make a primered NS ES40 from the JR ES40dc. I Can change the colors and all but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the logos with out removing all the details in and around the logos. How can I do this, I'm using GIMP.

WAB1189
March 31st, 2013, 06:57 PM
I use GIMP to but I don't belive you can? You are doing color to alpha right?

This is how I have started to do things.
http://trainzresources.com/directory/tutorials/josheh_textures/

How he does the doors and such you just do it for the rest of the engine. It's been working pretty good for me.:)

817TAYLOR
March 31st, 2013, 07:02 PM
if you want to add me on Skype I can walk you through it step by step. I have pretty much mastered Gimp

dej
March 31st, 2013, 07:05 PM
I Never Used Skype, And This Maybe to much For me to handle at this time. I mean I can change all the colors and that but I can't remove the logos with out removing the details such as the doors, hinges, etc.....

WAB1189
March 31st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Taylor
Why not just type something up or make a video showing how? It would really help out the Trainz community that use GIMP and don't know how to do it.

dej
March 31st, 2013, 07:43 PM
Taylor
Why not just type something up or make a video showing how? It would really help out the Trainz community that use GIMP and don't know how to do it.
This Might Be The Best Idea I've Ever Seen HAHAH! But In All Seriousness That Would Be A Great Help, And I'd Be Extremely Grateful!!!!:D

boyerm25
March 31st, 2013, 08:04 PM
Yeah, it would be a great help, actually.

As an answer to the OP's question:
It probably has something to do with using layers, but I'm not sure how to use those lol.

WAB1189
April 1st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Yes if he knows a faster way of doing things then the way I have been doing things I would love to see how.