ZIG ZAG Railway victim of bushfires

this is very sad news to hear, I'm glad no one was hurt in this, all we can do is hope that this iconic railroad line can rebuild it will take a lot of time but I'm sure that it can be done.

That's terrible - I'm so glad that none of their staff and volunteers were injured though. But considering how they've been going through rough times lately, this is a disaster.

It's not the first time they were victims of fires though - about a decade ago a fire destroyed some carriages parked in a siding and did damage to the track if I remember rightly.

Not all of the rollingstock has been destroyed - but we still getting "reports" that the WHOLE of the Zig Zag Railway is destroyed.
From what I could tell a few sheds destroyed, and 6 items of rolling stock, but I think that also includes the QR rail motors.

But considering how they've been going through rough times lately, this is a disaster.
I don't want to discuss that matter, but if you saw the PDF official reports, you may know why. In other words, their is more to that than what you're saying.

Last edited:
Very sad news to here something like this. I hope they can spring back quickly, and I hope the caretaker who lost her possessions can find someway to replace them

Back