Windows Re-install

rweber95

I had to re-install Windows XP Home which overwrote the registry. As a result Windows can find my TRS2006. Does anyone know of a way to recover without re-installing TRS2006?

Bob

You say Windows can find trs, do you mean can't?

What sort of windows reinstall-complete wipe or just let it reinstall over itself (which often doesn't clear out problems....)?

I would think you will have to reinstall TRS and then the patch otherwise the windows registry won't clock where it is and CMP etc may not function?

You could try renaming your original installation directory, then reinstalling just the 2006 prog, then copy back over from your old directories?

Just create an icon on the desktop to the folder that TRS2006 is in. It should run fine without reinstalling it. As a matter of fact, I'm using an install of TRS2006 that has since had XP reinstalled and I haven't reinstalled TRS2006. Everything works without a problem.

That's what I had to finally do. Installed TRS2006 followed by SP1 from the HD (after copying it from the CD to HD). However, after moving my saved local folder and assets.tdx to TRS2006. Many of the assets in the local folder were screwed up. Deleted assets.tdx and assets.bku and started CMP to rebuild it. The new assets.tdx is only 1/4 as big as the previous one and many of my downloaded stuff is missing :mad: . I have most missing stuff save as .cdp so I'll spend the next week or 2 reloading.

Bob

Hello Bob
As mentioned earlier all you had to do was to find the "TRS2006.exe" program and then run it. It will reinstall the registry entries the first time it is run. I have installed Windows about six times without reinstalling TRS2006 or TRS2004.

Regards

Phil

Hi Bob,

I reinstalled TRS2006 SP1 the other day and ended up with the same problem after I moved my local folder back.

Fortunately I had my last TAD Monitor generated assets.tdx. Substituting that brought all my assets back. Seems rebuild after reinstal doesn't fully restore your TAD. Well not the first time round anyway. The assets in local folder are all there. It's just that TAD rebuild hasn't caught up.

When I try to Edit in Content Creator Plus I get a notice that it needs .NET 1.1. After my reinstall of Windows I downloaded and installed .NET 2.0. Is there anyway around this or do I have to also install .NET 1.1?

Bob

I'm running TRS2006 SP1 with .NET 2.0. And I don't see any .NET 1.1 on my machine. If you go to NET Framework Developers Forum there's quite a lot of info including on 3.0. There's a bit about 1.1 compatibility with 2.0 and the need for a patch. Whether I actually got that patch I don't know. Previously I had both 1.1 and 2.0 on my machine as I think they instal separate folders. Can't say if you definitely need 1.1 but obviously should run OK on 2.0 as it is on my machine.

Back