WHISTLE TRIGGERS

robin-nisbet

a while ago i found and downloaded a trigger for making the trains blow their whistles as they went over it ... then my computer crashed and i lost everything .... now i can't find this trigger that is placed in surveyer mode ..... can someone please tell me where i can find it ...as it is no longer in trains download station .... thanks to all who reply to this post .... please e-mail me a link if possable to the following: robin_nisbet@hotmail.com .... and thanks again to all :wave:

i only have trainz 2004 on my computer at the moment as i need to get another version of 2006

Last edited:
i know about those ones ...

but there was one that was like a little box that went in the middle of the tracks and as the train/s went over it they had to blow their whistle ... that is the one that i am trying to find again .....:'(

I've seen this before, it may well be built into TRS2006, I'll see if I can find the KUIDS, and possibly email it, but this may take a while as I'm currently re-installing TRS2006 with SP1 (hoping it works...:hehe:)

Hope this helps,

Couldn't you make the same effect by inserting a trackmark, then Drive Via [Trackmark]->Hornz?

I think I know which one you're looking for. It's actually done as a trackmark. You place the trackmark and assign an HTML rule to it. You edit the HTML rule so that it plays the horn of your choice when the train crosses over the trackmark. There are two problems with this that I can think of right off.

1) It can trigger in both directions on single track.
2) Only seems to work once.
I've noticed that once it's triggered, any other train that passes over that trackmark will not blow the horn.

John

Robin

Maybe the one you are looking for is AutoHornZ invisible 200726:24033 which is on the DLS.

Lloyd

Hi robin,

The whistle triggers that you may be looking for are built-in to TRS2006. Their names are Sound horn and sound horn bidirectional. As the names say, the first one can be rotated and will only work in one direction, and the second one will work in both directions. They are listed in trackside objects, the middle button of the track tab, with all the signals in (I can't think of a better description, sorry).

Hope this helps,

Robin,

Sound horn and sound horn bidirectional work OK, but the loco will only give a short blast which won't give you the - - 0 - effect I assume you are looking for. Is there any way to edit the auto hornz or sound horn triggers to give the proper whisle signals?

Justin

Last edited:
hi folks .... i wasorignally using 2004 when i started this post .... but now using 2006 .... i am now having a prolem installing the following item listed below;

4 track wood
Created by: CardinalTiddoxflux
KUID: 132371:38001

found under 'Aliases' in surveyor.

It worked perfectly in trainz 2004 but now that i have got 2006 installed in my computer i get the following;

Warning: Aliased meshes cannot currently be verified by CCP.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'bendy' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'bridgetrack' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'carrate' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'casts_shadows' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'endlength' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'grounded' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'isroad' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'repeats' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'shadows' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'upright' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'visible-on-minimap' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Compulsory tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: The tag 'alias"' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'double-track')

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME :'( :'( :'( :'(

Back