Where are the Wiki, My Trainz and DLS links now?

Hi Dinorious_Redundicus, unfortunately the new forum doesn't currently allow us to have the header links. This is something we can look at now that the forum upgrade is complete, however it may take a little time to make further changes to the forums.

Regards

Not only that, but it seems all image searches on google related to screenshots on the forum lead nowhere, the images appear in an image search, but all of the ones I've tried get me a 404 result.

This of course, HAS to be progress. WELL DONE TEAM !!!!!!

Don't blame the way Google works on N3V.

Granted, putting a hand full of redirects in at the highest level would have been nice, but you can't blame N3V for Google still having to crawl the new forum and update their stored data.

yeah, I'm being unfair, IF it was unavoidable to change all the links then it will take some while for any of the search engines to catch up. Any images on trainz portal now seem to be viewable. I guess I'm so annyoed about them not informing the user base of the circumstances and necessity of these changes that I'm taking it out on the team needlessly.

Once, Google cache will be cleaned, there will be no positive results/links at all. Whats better?

Hi All
Our admin has looked into this, and added links to the top of the forums which should be helpful (plus a link to our discord server for those who may wish to use it).

In regards to the old URLs, unfortunately the new forum software uses different URLs. Any google results will lead to old links for the moment, due to the way google handles it's searches. There's nothing we can do till google updates their data.

Regards

Hi All
Some very good news, our admin and hosting service have been able to make the old forum URLs redirect to the new forum URLs. This will now allow google search results, and existing bookmarks, to now function correctly. However we do recommend updating any bookmarks to the new URLs.

Regards

That seems to work well, as the link from MyTrainz to the forum is working again and there is links from the forums to other places. Not seeing the wiki link from myTrainz or the forums.

added links to the top of the forums which should be helpful (plus a link to our discord server for those who may wish to use it).
Could you also add / restore a link to the Code of Conduct?

Edit:
And I see you now have added it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi All
Some very good news, our admin and hosting service have been able to make the old forum URLs redirect to the new forum URLs. This will now allow google search results, and existing bookmarks, to now function correctly. However we do recommend updating any bookmarks to the new URLs.

Regards
Well done , I commend you !

Back