What's happened to Autodrive?

pwjohnson

After setting paths using EIT, I have been using the Autodrive <kuid2:192081:4:5> command by brummfondel. But in the route I'm currently working on if I select the Autodrvie command in Driver Setup, instead of coming up with a list of trackmarks it just goes grey and generates no command. (The same applies to CallAt.)

This route (Dearnby V3, still a WIP) does contain a lot of trackmarks (around 850 at a rough estimate), and it has been suggested that perhaps there's a timeout because there are so many. Autodrive does work OK in V2 of this route (but that has a lot fewer trackmarks).

Has anyone else found this? Any suggestions or should I just raise a bug report? I have tried Autodrive Past Signal but I have one case where that doesn't work and I'd like a "no frills" autodrive.

This happens in builds 111951, 114800 and 116678.

Peter

Last edited:
In case anyone else runs into this problem: I've found AutoDriveViaTrackmark <kuid2:131986:1055:1> by atilabarut, which works fine. Thought I'd tried it before and found that it didn't work, but it does. It seems to be 16 years old but never mind, it still works.

Peter

Peter,
AutoDrivePastJunction, by the same author is another useful command, especially for yard operations.

John

Yes, thank you John, I'll keep that in mind too. In this case I needed to get a bit further than the junction in order to get past a signal just beyond it, so I had to use the TM one, but it's useful to have both.

Peter

Back