What would YOU had done if you won the $1.5 BILLION lottery jackpot?

Forgot a few more . . .
1. Buy the property at the end of the road that I live on and build a small live steamer railroad on it. The guy who built the whole subdivision wants top dollar on that property because one side butts up a stream and a u-shaped pond sits on the property.
2. Buy several privately-owned pieces of rolling stock at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and get them restored and back up and running.
3. Restore the Central of Georgia 4-4-0 at Grand Junction [at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (TVRM)]. It is powerful enough to handle the regular 3-car Missionary Ridge Local. If it also weights at or below 44 tons, I could then load it onto two semi-truck trailers and transport it to tourist railways that don't have the money to maintain their own steam locomotive.
4. Restore the RS-3 sitting on a siding at TVRM's East Chattanooga yard. It is one of two RS-3's the Southern Railroad swapped the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina for Southern 630 and 722. It would be repainted in its original Central of Georgia colors, instead of painting it in Southern colors with 'Central of Georgia' lettering.
5. Build an O-scale Lionel layout featuring postwar-era Lionel trains and accessories.
6. Build a HO-scale layout focusing on a fictional Southern branchline in northwestern Georgia.
7. Visit several tourist railroads across the country.

Well, if I won the equivalent of $1.5 billion dollars in pounds, I would:

• Spend some on a proper gaming pc.
  • Set some aside for charity.
  • Go to Japan and ride a Shinkansen.
  • Go to America to ride and view their locomotives.
  • get a new electronic drumkit (preferably Roland V-Drums brand)
  • Replace mum's old windows vista desktop.

And that's pretty much it.

Rebuild the Alexandra Palace branch of the LNER and run it as a restored railway at the weekends with N2s and push pulls.
Mick

I would hire a financial adviser ...

Good advice! :hehe:

Donate some to N3V to get better SPAM filters.

Classic quote :cool:

Money can only buy you temporary happiness, ya know.

As long as it pays the bills, I'm happy! :wave:

Hire someone to help me figure out what patch I need for TANE! LOL :hehe:

All in all, like the thread - Hope it stays open!

Sometimes we need some off-topic subjects around here!

Regards
Ish

Lemme see...

1. Pay off debts
2. Finish my list of countries I want to visit. Japan and Australia. I have seen the rest I wanted to while in the Navy
3. Buy a good size chunk of dirt and custom build a house incorporating large rooms for HO scale model railroad, man cave, music room, sniper tower...
4. Hire trusted security staff to keep away the malignant and annoying people
5. Donate to homeless assistance, ASPCA, childrens hospitals, cancer and disease research.
I could go on but I don't wanna rant.

I don't remember to author of this advice (W C Fields?) but it always raises a smile:

"Spend half on wine women & song, and fritter the rest away!"

Cheers™
:D

I would start a totally free clinic over there for those who cannot afford medical care. :}

Bugger that, I would use it to prop up our own NHS with the proviso that not one 'Politician' or NHS 'Manager' should have any say on how it was spent - it would be down to the NHS medical staff, Doctors , Nurses etc. to spend the money where it was needed.

Dream on, cos it ain't going to happen.

Chris M

For any routine faults Chris, I think there is a devil of a damn difference between having a National Health Service that ALL can use than just those with money.There is no similarity between the two places as you well know.

There is an institute in NYC that studies mosquitoes, and the scientists there say the mosquitoe is a wonderful beautiful insect ... what are they, out of their cotton pickin minds ? ! ? !

Over 650,000 people die annually from mosquito borne illness's !

I would start a Company that builds billions of small solar powered electric bug zapper box's (that resemble bluebird box's). These box's would have a special mosquito attractant chemical, that mosquitoes find irresistible. Of course there would have to be employees that go out and maintain these mosquito box's and refill them with fresh attractant.

If bats run out of food ... so what !

Bats do not do enough to get rid of the mega trillions of mosquitoes that are out there.

Maybe we should breed more bats !

Or genetically engineer a mosquito that has no breeding capability ... annihilate the mosquito from the face of the earth !

https://www.google.com/search?q=mos...UICCgC&biw=1185&bih=631#imgrc=18bxi5I8HeiomM:

Last edited:
1. Get Cascaderailroad checked to see if he's a bat, and then checked to see if he's sane.
2. Get Zec to build me whatever I want in trainz
3. Start my own forum with a "no somewhat or above annoying person policy"

1. Quit my job (I'd give 'em 2 week, not gonna be flipping desks & stuff)
2) Buy a new house.
C - Upgrade computer, car, etc
IV, Invest the rest

peter

A friend told me, that her friend's husband passed away, she had so many cards unopened ... after a year and 2 months ... she decided to open up all the cards ... one contained 2 scratch off lottery tickets, both of the tickets were 1 year and 2 months old (expired) ... one was $250, and the other was for $1,000,000 ... Loser Loser Double Loser ... you only have 365 days to claim your lottery prize :mop::':)mop:

Back