What is This UK question

winjmoore

Behind class 87 electrics trains (i think) their was sometimes a coach that had a driving cab in it. Is one of these coaches / locos on the DLS
Thanks

Behind class 87 electrics trains (i think) their was sometimes a coach that had a driving cab in it. Is one of these coaches / locos on the DLS
Thanks

I think you mean at the rear of the train. The Class 82 DVT (Driving Van Trailer) is a luggage van or coach (it is a coach, as its unpowered and remotly operated from the loco Class 86/87/90's. They were used on the West Coast Main Line before Class 390's took over, when this happened the 90's were cascaded with the MKIII's and DVT's to Norwich Crown Point Depot for use into Liverpool Street with "One" railway

There are some Mark IV DVT's on the East Coast Main Line looking similar to the Class 91 loco's that Haul and propel them around between London Kings Cross and Leeds/Edinburgh and Glasgow Central.... oh and all the places in between!

I think i've seen reskins of HST power cars emulating DVT's but nothing from scratch that simulates one without an engine but with a working cab... Is this possible in Trainz???

Hope this is of some help and interest!

HJ

There are also Driving Brake Standard Open (DBSO) coaches. These are converted from standard Mk2 BSO coaches, they have a multiple unit-style cab, and about half of their length retains passenger seating. There are DBSO reskins of Mk2 coaches on the DLS, but they don't have cab attachment points so you can't drive them "from the cab" as such.

Lielestosbrat (I think) is doing some new Mk2s, including a DBSO, but they are a long way off completion, and I don't think he's actively working on them right now, due to the bothersome business of real life getting in the way.;)

Thanks for that link shikadi, I'm really into the York-Kings Cross line so that stuff is right up my alley

Back