What Are Some Good High Quality Routes On The Download Station?

Pagani_zonda

I am currently looking for some good high-quality routes I can get for free, so I can merge them into one very long route. Does anyone have any good route recommendations? preferably longer routes but length doesn't matter that much. Location doesn't matter either, or whether its fictional or not.

There are so many good routes on the DLS that it's difficult to name just one or two, or perhaps a handful without missing others or giving a disservice to those other authors.

Keep in mind that merging large routes into other large routes needs and uses large amounts of RAM (memory), which means you will need to adjust your virtual memory to at least 3 times your installed RAM. By RAM I mean the DIMMs and not your hard disk. You will, though need a good size space on your hard drive to support a larger swap file and have adequate space in general to install your additional content from these routes.

There are so many good routes on the DLS that it's difficult to name just one or two, or perhaps a handful without missing others or giving a disservice to those other authors.

Keep in mind that merging large routes into other large routes needs and uses large amounts of RAM (memory), which means you will need to adjust your virtual memory to at least 3 times your installed RAM. By RAM I mean the DIMMs and not your hard disk. You will, though need a good size space on your hard drive to support a larger swap file and have adequate space in general to install your additional content from these routes.
I am aware long routes require a lot of ram. but please list as many routes as you can think of if you don't mind.

<kuid:73500:100082> Gorre & Daphetid by jrfolco is amazing, but probably tough to merge into something else as it is very multi-level. It is also a model railroad layout.
If you like western routes, I can highly recommend these by Dangavel, with sessions by pitkin:
<kuid:44878:102181> a dg uintah rwy 2019- june 2022
<kuid:44878:101671> Timber Ridge line std gauge 2021 june 8th version 3
<kuid:425968:100010> BNSF: Clovis to Lubbock does a great job of being prototypical of the real Texas line. Mine shows as "Modified, so I don't remember if it is third party or needed something fixed.
<kuid:429080:100126> DurangoToSilvertonTRS19_1895_1 is very well done by sek_hakuna
<kuid2:373500:100024:8> FDL Fond du Lac for T:ANE is a great midwest route with a lot of sessions by rhkluckhohn
<kuid2:79433:104241:2> Indiana Western 1970s TS19 1.0
<kuid2:549274:101522:3> Levi & Appalachian TANE
<kuid2:605579:100396:15> Midwestern Branch - TRS19
<kuid2:526403:100436:1> Wyoming's Powder River Basin is a large coal oriented route set in Wyoming.
<kuid:439337:110621> Progressive Rail Jesse James Line
All of the model layouts by philskene are excellent, and all have working sessions.
<kuid:95512:100451> UMR2022 is a very large and popular route.

That should be a good start, I am sure others will chime in with favorites. Sorry I can't give you much for TRS22 as I don't have it yet. But I have seen some great routes pop-up. The new
<kuid:233896:100856> WHITE PASS & Y R 17th may HD FF has me almost upgrading.

I see that my name has been mentioned in one of the posts above.

If you want more details of my routes and layouts before downloading I do a reasonably descriptive post in the Forums for each of them. Do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

All dependencies are on the Download Station, though you may have to use Download Manager to download the correct version of some of them.

I also use a basic toolbox of dependencies so once you have downloaded one of my routes you should also have most of the assets needed by others.

The route that is nearest to your requirements is "Rivercide" (note the spelling). But you might like to try others just for fun.

Phil

Back