Wait for Trigger not working

benkegbg

Hi!
I've tried to use Triggers in Trainz 2019 (build 116678) but it seems not working.
It was a long time ago I've used this Rules and it worked then.
Here is the task: A train is coming in from North to track 3.
Turn Around Train and Wait for trigger (Kkg Trigger any track 3to5) to be activated.
A train is approaching from South to same platform (track 3), so when passing over the trigger, the other train (which just did a loco-turnaround) will leave.

Here is the Trigger:

I've tried the rules, one by one and both together. (The name in the list is corrected to "3to5")

Then in the "Edit session" and "Driver Setup" the command "Wait for trigger" is grey.

Does anyone know any solution?

Both rules - Trigger Check Rule and Trigger Rule - are working perfectly, I just tested them both. From the screenshot you provided showing the Session Editor, the problem appears to be that you have not set them up correctly.

Trigger Rules need "something to do" after they have been triggered. In your screenshot they have nothing to do - there are no "child rules" that have been attached to them. This is indicated by the fact that there is no small triangle button to the left of each trigger rule indicating that there are no instructions that have been assigned to each trigger. So when each trigger has been activated, it will look for its instructions, find none and so it will immediately terminate.

May I recommend that you read the Trainz Wiki Page on Using Track Triggers particularly the section on Adding an Instruction to the Trigger Event, and the Trainz Wiki Page on Using the Session Editor.

Its about "Wait for Trigger" timing out(grey out) on larger routes with many trains, can't test on small routes

You could be right but his statement about the "rules not working" seemed to indicate that he was having a problem with the rules which I noticed had not been correctly configured.

Thanks to you all. I've tested the "Wait For Trigger Version 2" and it works - so far with a small test. Will read and learn a little more about Triggers.
My route BENSLAND is very BIG and even getting bigger now. A new release will coming up sometimes this year.

Last edited:
I've also had problems with the trigger check rule not working so I've switched over and used the check trackside rule. So far had no problems with it.

Cheers

I have now found the root of the problem.

The rule "Wait for trigger" is working with charm. I have always used it this way: Just add the rule by chosen "Driver Command" and tick the box at "Wait for Trigger". Then in "Driver Setup" you can choose "Wait for Trigger" for a driver and choose which Trigger the driver shall wait for. The list show the Triggers you have placed on the route/session. You choose if the trigger shall be executed with a specific loco or "Any train".

So far so good. This is what I've done all the time and it has been working fine. So, why didn't it work for me this time? It worked fine in any other route, new or old.

Well, I have simply chosen "Any train". And it was here the problem occurred. It was a loco that was invisible and missed.
It was in the list, but didn't exist in the route. So - when the "Wait for Trigger" were searching for "Any train", it couldn't find it !!

So that was the issue. Now, after deleting and cleaning by using "Delete Missing Assets", everything is working again.

Regards

Back