USE ON MAC.

There was a Mac version under development, and they even had beta testers for it, but that was a very different Auran then, and probably a couple of years ago now.

Apparently, the Mac version in no longer in development.
Maybe one of the Mac beta testers will tell you when it was cancelled, but I think it was a while ago.

Smiley.

A Mac beta was in development, but was put on hold about a year ago I estimate. My personal opinion on its status is in my signature.

I don't know what it's called, I run a "Window box", but the son has an I-Book & he runs quite a few windows based applications on it using an emulator.

I think it's called "parallel" - and is for "leopard" ..

I'm not a Mac user myself, but the apple website is quite good.
I understand that a number of games will run using the emulator - whether this includes Trainz is good question

Colin

....so you effectively have an Apple PC (ergh nasty taste). ;)
Yeah, Apples have that affect on me too. :p:hehe:

Only joking (as you know).
I use Macs from time to time, and if they hadn't gone down that road "looking different makes it better", and just offered it as an alternative to a standard PC then I would have one by now.

See-through monitors seems to have worked on the "pretentious arty" crowd, but I think it makes real people take it less seriously, which is a shame because they got a lot of things right under the hood.

Wasn't there a Wine emulator for the Mac that ran Windows?
I'm sure I remember someone mentioning running Trainz on it (or have I got it arse backwards :D )

Smiley.

Wasn't there a Wine emulator for the Mac that ran Windows?
I'm sure I remember someone mentioning running Trainz on it (or have I got it arse backwards :D )

Smiley.
Wine has been used to run 'Windows' Trainz on Linux, but I don't know if anyone has used Wine to run it on an Intel Mac.

on a mac

Runs great on my laptop and MacPro using Boot camp (turns your mac into a PC). Windows is supposedly more stable than on a PC!!

TOM from Innsbruck

You could try Parallels. This is a third-party company that has done very well with the virtual machine market. Their PC on the Mac virtual machine is pretty slick and handles high-resolution colors. They are currently working on a 3d-acelerated driver for the display. At this time, I am using their PC emulator on Vista machines to run older Windows applications that don't have any upgrade path. This is a very stable product and very inexpensive.

www.parallels.com

John

04 works on mac

I have this software that is called parallels desktop that is an emulator. if you run Trainz 2004 on this with OpenGL then it works. oh, and don't use trs 04 with winbar running. it causes odd problems.:udrool:

i have a mac book pro with osx and boot camp with win xp but the space reserved for windows is filling up so i installed trainz on a 160gb hard drive and now cmp crashes but the game runs just fine . any suggestions on how to fix it( i also have utc and it runs just fine also.)

Sorry if I'm not very up to date, but I remember that with boot camp installed you can boot up Windows or Osx at your preference on the Dual Core Macs.
Somebody tested TRS on that configuration?

Back