Unwanted Drivers

wilts747

Each time I place a new locomotive on my route (migrated from TRS19 into TRS22) it is automatically allocated a driver which means it has to be manually driven and cannot be scheduled to run under AI. Any suggestions please, have I missed a setting somewhere it was not an issue in TRS19. Peter

Peter,

In Driver setup, there are options for this. Uncheck the one automatically assign drivers to empty trains, or something similar. This will allow you to then add drivers as you need during the session rather than have to remove extra drivers who are hogging the seats in the consists.

Thank you for the help John, unfortunately that is not the cause. The automatic assign driver check box is not checked and sure enough when I do check it all unassigned locomotives are added to the running list with drivers, but again after unchecking the box drivers are still being allocated to anything drivable when added to any form of track. I shall persevere. Peter

I apologize for bumping this thread for being a month late at the time of my reply, but I would like to say you're not the only one.

It's annoying and it can fill my sessions' driver lists up full every time I add new driveable stuff to them. I hope there's a way for this to stop or is this a bug in TRS22. I just migrated to TRS22 from TANE late last year before I came across the same problem.

Last edited:
I am having the opposite problem: I only drive in manual mode. When I save it, every train has a driver. But when I go back into the game, I invariably have 2 trains w/o a driver. The trains are still running like I left them, but no driver onboard.

Whether this is a bug or a feature or perhaps a buggy feature is up for debate. My guess is based upon messing around with TLR in Trainz Plus (TP) is that it is an buggy feature. TLR at the moment seems to require a driver in every loco for the system to work. Since TRS22 Standard or TRS22 PE are both just TP with features disabled then it seems like this behavior might be leaking through into normal session creation. One of the dangers of being able to switch on and off hidden features in the code.

I think you nailed it. Checking Remove Drivers erases the buggers before the new requests for drivers occurs..

Last edited:
In '19 a consist on the map was a number eg 678, in '22 it is now given a name which bears no relation to the drivers name in the Driver Setup.
Having said that having to go back to '19 for a break I can see the improvements made in TRS22.

In '19 a consist on the map was a number eg 678, in '22 it is now given a name which bears no relation to the drivers name in the Driver Setup.
Having said that having to go back to '19 for a break I can see the improvements made in TRS22.
Yes, I reported this and was told it was normal and to ignore it. The same does occur in TRS22 and Plus. I would rather see Consist 342 instead of one of the drivers named to the consist I set up.

Back