Unable to receive forum reply announcement

ess1

Recently changed ISP and email address (previous ISP apparently still extant).
Changed my email address etc but do not receive forum reply notifications to my new address. Strangely my old address does receive them!

I have gone through Helpdesk. Both Lance and Alan were most helpful and have carried out necessary amendments. They insist that old address is no longer showing.

Anyone else, having changed ISPs etc., experienced this?

I did, and still have, no announcements coming through my new isp email address, after changing my isp several months ago.
I got around the problem by opening a 'Hotmail' account and changing my email details in my profile at Auran, Now all my announcements come through this address.
The only drawback is you have to go online to retrieve your email (personally I don't find this a problem).
My 'Sky' isp still wont receive announcements.
Cheers
Pete.

Thanks for info. Did as you suggest and now receiving notifications.
Hotmail and juvenile browser cross to bear.
:)

Why not set up a gmail account or something which you can use to forward to another email account or set up the program you use to download your normal email account to download from your other account as well.

Andy

Why not set up a gmail account or something which you can use to forward to another email account or set up the program you use to download your normal email account to download from your other account as well.

Andy

Hi Andy
I tried this from my Isp email account when I first set up Hotmail, it worked, but only if you can read garbage.
In all the years I've been on the Internet I've never had trouble handling a POP3 account, in the end I put it down to an inadequacy of my ISP, but as it lives up to its claim of one of the fastest broadband providers around, I'll excuse this.
Now I just use Hotmail
Cheers
Pete

Back