Tutorial Number 2

Steffas78

hello everyone, I recently bought trainz 2019, I'm struggling with tutorial number 2 in particular with switch 2, the one that must be activated from the map but I can't in any way activate it, in the center of the exchange there is a padlock on a yellow background, how to activate the exchange on the map??

First, be sure to have your TRS19 registered to your timeline, as otherwise you may not get responses from others. Then, are you too close to the junction? If you are too close, the junction will lock and you won't be able to change it. Try backing off and the lock may disappear.

no, I'm stopped at a red signal in a straight line then the line arrives at a first switch and a second switch, I have to activate junction 2 via the map otherwise the red signal does not open, I wanted to know how to activate the switch on the map

Hi,

I've just run tutorial no.2 - I'm assuming that you have activated the map view (!)
The switch you need to change is Jct SJ02 - on my system, this shows only a red and green arrow (no padlock). The junction to the rear of the train has a padlock.
To change the switch, move the mouse over it and click ONCE!

If you try to get too close, you can run a red light - so stop before the signal.

HTH

Colin

as soon as I get back I try but with the mouse on the switch it doesn't let me do anything, there is a padlock on an orange disk on junction 02

Hi,

I've just run tutorial no.2 - I'm assuming that you have activated the map view (!)
The switch you need to change is Jct SJ02 - on my system, this shows only a red and green arrow (no padlock). The junction to the rear of the train has a padlock.
To change the switch, move the mouse over it and click ONCE!

If you try to get too close, you can run a red light - so stop before the signal.

HTH

Colin

nothing to do there is the padlock closed above the exchange

I just ran the session as well, and no padlock. Have you tried exiting the session and trying it again? Or maybe run a database repair and try again? If you look at <kuid2:661281:110015:13> Tutorial 02 - Junctions in the content manager does it show anything faulty or missing?

Clutching at straws here, in map view, you did zoom in to see the junction (using mouse wheel)?
I guess it’s possible that the session is set up to lock junctions until you reach the stop sign - also there may be more than one “junction 02”.

Overall, it’s not vastly important to complete all the tutorials before moving into the “real” routes - skip as many as you need. I couldn’t get on with stream engine driving,

117026 is a Steam build. I don't know if it could be related to that? I have 117009, which is not a Steam Build.

Back