Ts2010 & TRS2004 install to Windows7 woes.

nbrettoner

Bret_viS
Hi,
There are several threads concerning various problems people have or are still having; installing Trainz.
For the past several weeks I have attempted various methods to install both TRS2004 & TS2010 onto my new machine, all methods having failed in some way.

Starting with TRS2004, it will install, however when clicking on "Launch Trainz" I get a critical error report & blank Jet (open gl) screen:-

I also have this when clicking directly on the .exe file to launch Trainz:-
[URL=http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2011334310036553532KHgKax][/URL]

This shows the query pointing to the DVD drive; "E:"

The main functions of the TRS2004 menu screen works fine, it's just when I try to actually fire up by clicking on the "launch.." button, I keep getting the above critiacl crash report with blank 'jet' screen. :confused::'(

I am running a GTX460 card on Windows 7 Pro, on a P7P55D-E Pro ASUS motherboard, with plenty of memory & several HDs.

I've tried installing to the "C:" drive (instead of a separate partition) but the same message comes up no matter what I try. Installing "As administrator", or even logged on as the actual PC administrator makes no difference.

=======================

TS2010 just takes forever to finally complete the install, although the actual installation itself happens in about 50 minutes or less.
I guess there's some problem with the database check/whatever process, when I first try to start it.
Once again, the main menu screen comes up ok (as with TRS2004 I can edit all settings, go to DLS etc etc, but the CMP does take forever).
Previously installed on XP (old PC) the CMP & surveyor came up ok & quite fast by comparison. Once again it makes no difference what I try during the installation, it's when trying to run the damn thing it won't let me!, or takes over 40 minutes to load just the maps to choose from, then to load surveyor (if it hasn't crashed by then) takes several more minutes; ie 20-30?.

So then. for both TRS2004 & TS2010, the main menu screens are ok, but actually getting the game to start (clicking on "launch"/whatever) fails miserably, which is the way I feel.:':):)confused:

Oh yes, all drivers are ok & up to date.

Any advice/suggestions/offers of assistance most humbly & graciously received.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Noel,

What are the specs of your machine - i.e. disk size and space, memory, process, video card, etc.

This sounds like you don't have enough resources to load the program, particularly if it takes so long to load.

John

Hi John,

Apologies for late reply. I should have put these in the original thread:-

==========================================
--Order--
1 x ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO MB:
1 x Intel CORE i5 760 2.8HGz CPU:
1 x Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMS KIT:
1 x Gigabyte GF GTX 460 PCI-E 2.0 1GB DDR5 256-bit, 715/3600MHz, 2x Dual-Link DVI, 1x mini HDMI, Fan:
1 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB 3.5" CAVIAR GREEN INTELIPOWER SATA HDD:
2 x Western Digital 500GB/CAVIAR BLACK/7200RPM/SATA 3GB/s /32MB CACHE/3.5/WD5001AALS:
1 x ICute SATA II HDD Mobile Rack:
1 x BenQ G2420HD 24.0" Widescreen LCD Monitor:
1 x Antec Nine Hundred Two Tower Gaming Case:
1 x Antec 850W TruePower Quattro ATX & EPS 12V Power Supply:
1 x Antec TriCool 120mm Blue LED Case Fan with 3-Speed Switch:
1 x Microsoft WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL 64 OEM 1PK DVD VERSION:64-BIT:
1 x D & D New System Hardware and Software Installation & Testing:

=============================================

Basically, an i5 750 cpu with 4Gb ram, 2x 500Gb & 1x 1Tb HDs, 1x IDE & 1x Sata II cradle, 'Buffalo' 1Tb external HD, and sata II DVD burner.

The Buffalo holds the backed up HD/partition data from the old PC, & the cradles also have two HDs from the old PC inserted presently.

I can't really make out what the first error message says (man, I need glasses!) but, one thing I can say, your memory is only twice the basic minimum required by the OS. Historically, MS operating systems don't do very well unless you're running several times the minimum requirement. I don't think that's causing the problems you are having but it could be an issue in the future.

I can't speak for TRS2004, but with 2010, try doing an Extended Database Repair or two. You'd be surprised at what problems this solves.

Hi,
There are several threads concerning various problems people have or are still having; installing Trainz.
For the past several weeks I have attempted various methods to install both TRS2004 & TS2010 onto my new machine, all methods having failed in some way.

Starting with TRS2004, it will install, however when clicking on "Launch Trainz" I get a critical error report & blank Jet (open gl) screen:-

I also have this when clicking directly on the .exe file to launch Trainz:-
[URL=http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2011334310036553532KHgKax][/URL]

This shows the query pointing to the DVD drive; "E:"

The main functions of the TRS2004 menu screen works fine, it's just when I try to actually fire up by clicking on the "launch.." button, I keep getting the above critiacl crash report with blank 'jet' screen. :confused::'(

I am running a GTX460 card on Windows 7 Pro, on a P7P55D-E Pro ASUS motherboard, with plenty of memory & several HDs.

I've tried installing to the "C:" drive (instead of a separate partition) but the same message comes up no matter what I try. Installing "As administrator", or even logged on as the actual PC administrator makes no difference.

=======================

TS2010 just takes forever to finally complete the install, although the actual installation itself happens in about 50 minutes or less.
I guess there's some problem with the database check/whatever process, when I first try to start it.
Once again, the main menu screen comes up ok (as with TRS2004 I can edit all settings, go to DLS etc etc, but the CMP does take forever).
Previously installed on XP (old PC) the CMP & surveyor came up ok & quite fast by comparison. Once again it makes no difference what I try during the installation, it's when trying to run the damn thing it won't let me!, or takes over 40 minutes to load just the maps to choose from, then to load surveyor (if it hasn't crashed by then) takes several more minutes; ie 20-30?.

So then. for both TRS2004 & TS2010, the main menu screens are ok, but actually getting the game to start (clicking on "launch"/whatever) fails miserably, which is the way I feel.:':):)confused:

Oh yes, all drivers are ok & up to date.

Any advice/suggestions/offers of assistance most humbly & graciously received.

Sigh.

My Pc Spec's. Just Purchased New PC.

COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE.
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics.
ASUS® P8P67 DELUXE (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™ / SLI.
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz.
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580.
240GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s.
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE.
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES.
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER).
WINDOWS PROFESSIONAL 64 BIT DVD + LICENCE
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN

Hi there. I Have Tr2004, Tr2006 and the recently Tr2012 release,
I had the Exact same problem with Tr2004
I searched this forum and internet for a fix for Trainz 2004 and the only one that did fix for Tr2004 :)D ) was this -:
link; http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=46630
Now this link did fix Tr2004 but not Tr2006 i am still searching for a fix for Tr2006 (Exact Same Screen shot's for previous Thread For both Tr2004 & Tr2006) Tr2012 Installed fine with no Issues.
Does Anyone know of a fix for Tr2006 as I have reached a dead end?:(

Back