TRS22 Can't edit Trackmarks and Triggers

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS

7 Year Trainz Vet
I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem. I can move/edit other track objects like switchstands, etc, but when I try to edit or move trackmarks, triggers, or any other trackside object that is related to the right most panel in the old Surveyor GUI, I can't do anything with them. I can place the stuff and edit them then, but afterwards I can't do a single thing, not even delete them. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it a bug?

Last edited:
I have Trainz Plus which, when using Surveyor Classic, is the same as TRS22. I can move, edit and delete track marks without any issues.

Your description is not 100% clear

"right most panel in the old Surveyor GUI" - I am assuming that you are referring to the Track Mark Mode of the Tracks (F4) flyout panel. I will also assume that you are also referring to the Add (+), Move, Rotate, Get, Delete and Properties (?) buttons in that panel.

The only thing that I know of that can do this is locking the layer that contains the track marks. Check your Layers (F6) flyout panel.

They will lock you out if you have placed them on a different layer than the one you are in. Check the properties of the TM and make sure you are on the same layer. This can also be a problem if attached to track that is in a higher layer than that of the TM.

They will lock you out if you have placed them on a different layer than the one you are in.

I have all my TMs in the session-layer and all my track in the route-layer and have not experienced that issue. But locking the layer that contains the TMs certainly will cause the problem.

This can also be a problem if attached to track that is in a higher layer than that of the TM.

I just ran some tests to check that and I confirmed that the opposite is true. If you attempt to add a TM (or a trigger, priority, direction marker or any track object such as a signal) while the active layer (where the TM will be placed) is higher up the layer order than the track (i.e. "above" the track layer) then you will not be allowed to add the TM. You can only add a TM (and the other objects) if the active layer is the same layer as the track or it is lower down the layer order (i.e. "below" the track layer),

So placing the track in the route-layer and the TM in the session-layer will work but placing the TM in the route-layer and the track in the session-layer will not work.

I have Trainz Plus which, when using Surveyor Classic, is the same as TRS22. I can move, edit and delete track marks without any issues.

Your description is not 100% clear

"right most panel in the old Surveyor GUI" - I am assuming that you are referring to the Track Mark Mode of the Tracks (F4) flyout panel. I will also assume that you are also referring to the Add (+), Move, Rotate, Get, Delete and Properties (?) buttons in that panel.

The only thing that I know of that can do this is locking the layer that contains the track marks. Check your Layers (F6) flyout panel.

Correct. The other weird thing is I am on the same layer as what the Track Marks are on too

If all else fails, try a bog standard DBR. That may solve your issue if it's not something related to operator error.

Back