TRS19. What is the purpose of the game generated daily back ups and

Relick

how does one restore the daily game generated back ups if needed.

Also a question about the Run around command in driver.
Why do the trains slow to a halt about 30 meters from the carriages and then accelerate to 8kph and crash shunt them about 5 meters along the track. Is there a method for changing the run around halt and the excessively fast connection to the carriages?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any replies.

Help is here;

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Restoring_Content

Restoring the Backup Files
If you decide that you need to restore an older version of your route, this is possible using a .tzarc file found in the backups folder. We suggest that you backup your local data folder prior to attempting any restore operation so that you have original copies of all the files. Please note that these principles also apply to sessions and other assets.

Find the .tzarc file you wish to restore
Copy the file from \backups into \editing
Rename the file by removing the "_xxxxx" suffix (i.e. the file MUST be named in the format KUID xxx xxxx.tzarc)
You may be prompted "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want it changed?". Answer Yes.
Open Content Manager then click Developer > Rebuild Database
This will result in your .tzarc file being read back into the database
The restored asset will now show as "Open for Edit" (this may take up to 30 seconds)
Select the asset in Content Manager and right-click > Submit Edits
Your route has now been restored and is ready to be worked on again.

Help is here;

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Restoring_Content

Restoring the Backup Files
If you decide that you need to restore an older version of your route, this is possible using a .tzarc file found in the backups folder. We suggest that you backup your local data folder prior to attempting any restore operation so that you have original copies of all the files. Please note that these principles also apply to sessions and other assets.

Find the .tzarc file you wish to restore
Copy the file from \backups into \editing
Rename the file by removing the "_xxxxx" suffix (i.e. the file MUST be named in the format KUID xxx xxxx.tzarc)
You may be prompted "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want it changed?". Answer Yes.
Open Content Manager then click Developer > Rebuild Database
This will result in your .tzarc file being read back into the database
The restored asset will now show as "Open for Edit" (this may take up to 30 seconds)
Select the asset in Content Manager and right-click > Submit Edits
Your route has now been restored and is ready to be worked on again.

Cheers and Thanks.
I use a program called Aomei Backupper (freeware version, it does a great job) and I do a differential daily back of my system (I do a complete system back after windows updates etc). This allows me to restore my system to the exact point in time that the back up was made.
I was curious about the in game back ups, now that I understand them a bit more I will be deleting them as I don't need them.

Thanks again.:)

Back