Trainz Sim 2: Mac Game "Forcing" System restart when clicking Textures in Surveyor

seaboardgp38

North Carolina Railfan
Trainz Sim 2: Mac Game "Forcing" System restart when clicking Textures in Surveyor

Sometimes when I'm using Trainz Sim 2: Mac I click the "paint" tab on surveyor and then the screen goes black for like 15 seconds in which I already know what's gonna happen so I hold the power button and restart the Macbook. Then the macbook always complains that "Your computer restarted because of a problem" What causes this and how can I fix it because it is really starting to irk my nerves I know apple can do better than this crap.:confused:

Note: When in the surveyor, a telltale sign of the "necessary" restart is that in the texture tab shows white instead of showing the green grass texture then the screen turns black.

Last edited:
Could there be any faulty textures that aren't showing in the content manager?

Maybe... It could be that the texture is corrupt in such a way that it previews fine, but the data inside is bad. I've actually had that occur with some video editing software. The preview was fine, but as soon as I copied in the image, the program crashed. Another time I inserted an image, but it was scrambled - it looked like an old TV image with the skewed horizontal bands.

So....

What textures are you trying to place that's causing this?

You might want to try a database repair and try again. Those can do some amazing things and work wonders for cases like this.

Maybe... It could be that the texture is corrupt in such a way that it previews fine, but the data inside is bad. I've actually had that occur with some video editing software. The preview was fine, but as soon as I copied in the image, the program crashed. Another time I inserted an image, but it was scrambled - it looked like an old TV image with the skewed horizontal bands.

So....

You might want to try a database repair and try again. Those can do some amazing things and work wonders for cases like this.

Well I just click the textures tab and that's it, the screen goes black. The default green grass texture is what should show up but in the preview the square is white and that's how I know the game is gonna crash and force the mac to restart. So far I've avoided clicking the paint tab cause i'm always worried it could cause the game to crash.

So....

Database repairs fixes some things however I'm constantly seeing on the warnings: "Failed to update package" while repairing the database...what could this mean?

Back